Expectations and lasting iimpressions
- So Much More Is Coming! // Town Square;2007 Premiere Issue, Vol. 1 Issue 1, p42
The article offers tips or ideas in order to be included the features and publication of the magazine "Town Square." It suggests to take the things most likely to do in the new community or the person who always brighten the day. It offers to share the experiences or the activities of such...
- Two cities. Kauffmann, Stanley // New Republic;6/3/91, Vol. 204 Issue 22, p43
Relates the author's experiences in living in New York City. Celebrity-like status for using a radio; Changes in the treatment of Blacks; Shopping in the pushcart market in the Second Avenue; Description of streets.
- Manhattan Melody. Cowley, Malcolm // New Republic;11/18/31, Vol. 69 Issue 885, p14
Presents information on the author's experience of going to Manhattan, New York. Plans of the author be in Woodstock and spend rest of the week; Report on the guest of the author, William Slater Brown, a writer; Decision for the manuscripts assembled for the new issue of Broom, being...
- A Garden Spot. McKenna, Pat // Airman;Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 2, p2
Focuses on McGuire Air Force Base in New Jersey. Views of United States Air Force airmen on McGuire; Service as a redistribution terminal for Europe; Construction projects at McGuire.
- When airmen get to Los Angeles Air Force Base, they find many opportunities awaiting them, and they're soon living the...California Dream. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun99, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p22
Features the Los Angeles Air Force Base in California. Details on the base; Reasons for some personnel's second thoughts about the city; Comments from Lieutenant General Eugene Tattini, commander of the Space and Missile Systems Center; Information on the housing; What the personnel have to say...
- Give Vance a Chance. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;May2000, Vol. 44 Issue 5, p22
Features the Vance Air Force Base in Enid, Oklahoma. Type of lifestyle at Vance; Contributions of the Air Force base to the economy of Enid; Neatness of Vance; Changes at the base.
- U.S. and German authorities... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;1/1/2000, Vol. 152 Issue 1, p25
Cites the agreement between United States and German authorities to transfer the Rhein-Main air base at Frankfurt, Germany to civilian use by 2005. Incorporation of the facility into the Frankfurt airport; Cost of the handover.
- Glenview maps out land use after base closing. Moore, Anne // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR20
Reports that the military base Glenview Naval Air Station which closed in 1995 will be turned into a residential and recreation center along with an additional school and a metra commuter train station. Space allotted for these projects; Cost of projects; When project will be completed;...
- The unexpected visitor. Selman, Scotty // Flying Safety;Mar1995, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
Presents a narrative regarding an unauthorized landing by a civilian aircraft at the Castle Air Force Base in California. Lack of response of civilian pilot to radio signals from airfield; Discovery of illegal drugs from the aircraft; Reasons for civilian pilot's disorientation.