Getting Along in Grand Forks
- WONDERFUL PLACE FOR KIDS. Keighley, Larry // Saturday Evening Post;7/10/1954, Vol. 227 Issue 2, p32
The article focuses on Terceira Island, a mid-Atlantic island paradise in Azores where three thousand Americans including wives and children live. The place is situated about 2500 miles east of Philadelphia. Majority of the Americans who live in the place are officers, men and civilians of the...
- THE NEW AIR FORCE WITH A SENSE OF HUMOR. // New Yorker;7/21/1956, Vol. 32 Issue 22, p61
The article presents a communication about the summer outing of the Langley Air Force Base in Virginia. It cites that the exercise is intended to re-acquaint concerned personnel with the pleasures associated with summer outings. It states that all personnel will be deployed to Wimsatt park,...
- Step into it. Kunz, Christine L. // Airman;May2004, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p16
Discusses the benefits of hiking to airmen in the U.S. Basic categories of hiking; Priority of every Air Force base in outdoor recreation by offering equipment rentals, items to purchase and information pertaining to outdoor activities; Dependence of the amount of exercise generated from a hike...
- Extreme Games. Wenzel, Elizabeth // Parks & Recreation;Dec99, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p64
Relates the experiences of Marlene Limmer when she joined Bonita Bay, the outdoor recreation service offered by Tyndall Air Force Base for military personnel in Florida. Why she enjoy going to the lower portion of the Ocoee River in Benton, Tennessee; Comments regarding canoe trips; Details on...
- Out on a limb. Lovitt, Rob // Backpacker;Mar1993, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p140
Discusses why the author enjoys climbing trees to gaze at the scenery below. The benefits of such a hobby; His experience of climbing to the top; A good physical workout; His rediscovery of climbing during a camping trip in the North Cascades; Climbing trees also benefits the soul.
- Signpost. Osborne, Steve; Sigardsson, Frances // Backpacker;May93, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p12
Comments on several news events of interest to outdoor lovers. International Paper Co.'s plans to donate 20,000 acres of boreal forest to the State of New York and the non-profit Conservation Fund; Inland Sea Society of Bayfield, Wisconsin's annual sea kayaking symposium; `Wolf-like animal' shot...
- 60-MINUTE FIXES. Ettinger, Amy // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p33
Presents information on several outdoor recreational activities in Chicago, Illinois.
- 3 WAYS TO SEE Maine. // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p36
Describes several outdoor activities in Maine.
- TRAIL TOWN: Damascus, VA. Wood, Charlie // Backpacker;Sep2004, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p37
Presents information on several outdoor recreation sites in Damascus, Virginia.