Givin it the GAS
- Refining Refueling at Andersen AFB. Jensen, Bradford W. // IIE Solutions;Nov2000, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p26
Provides information on the simulation program for aircraft refueling and parking at Andersen Air Force Base in Guam. Simulation software used by the United States Air Force; Significance of the simulation program; Dynamics of base fuel process; Assessment of the efficiency of the simulation;...
- Enchanted Expedition. Seydel, Carie A. // Airman;Apr2002, Vol. 46 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the summer spent by U.S. airmen deployed at French Air Base 25 near Istres, France in 2002. Experiences with French gourmet meals; Disadvantages of the deployment for the airmen; Involvement of the airmen in a refueling mission. INSET: Words out of her mouth.
- Taking Care of Our Own. Joyner, Bo // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p20
Focuses on a U.S. Air Force Reserve technical training Air Base, Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas, that provides technical training classes to Air Force reservists. Profile of Air Force Reserve technical training liaison, Tim Savage; Requirements to be fulfilled by Permanent Change of Station...
- High Maintenance. // Oklahoma Today;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 60 Issue 6, p22
The article offers information on Tinker Air Force Base in Midwest City, Oklahoma. It describes the base's size and components, including 461 buildings and 18.7 million square feet of workable floor space. It is designated as the state's leading single-site employer with 28,000 military...
- Base doubles down on KC-135. Ross, Katie // Journal of Business (10756124);11/6/2014, Vol. 29 Issue 23, pA1
The article announces that Colonel Charles "Brian" McDaniel has been appointed as Refueling Wing Commander at U.S. Air Force's Fairchild air base in July 2014, following retirement of Brian Newberry and has plans to make Fairchild the main base for the refueling tanker KC-135.
- Triton Promises 'PERSISTENT PICTURE' of Maritime Environment. Newman, Jeff // Naval Aviation News;Summer2015, Vol. 97 Issue 2, p24
The article focuses on the development of MQ-4C Triton aircraft, the Navy's successor to Broad Area Maritime Surveillance-Demonstrator (BAMS-D). The aircraft is the same in appearance to RQ-4 Global Hawk and it started flight testing at Patuxent River Naval Air Station, Maryland, in April 2015,...
- They Just Keep Going and Going and Going and Going and Going... Kinkade, Mark // Airman;Mar2003, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p40
Reports on how airmen at overseas bases purchase automobiles from those who are departing, and then sell them later when they themselves leave the base. Availability of low-cost, but old cars; Need for maintenance, thereby providing base auto hobby shops a steady business in used cars; Fading...
- Wright-Patterson Squadron Deploys to Utah. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Oct2002, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p26
Reports on the deployment of twenty-seven members of the 445th Combat Logistics Support Squadron (CLSS) at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (AFB) in Ohio, to Hill AFB in Utah in August 2002. Objective of the deployment; Comments of 445th Logistics Group commander, Robert Hunter; Inspection and...
- AIRMEN FLY VITAL SUPPLIES TO SITES VERY CLOSE TO NORTH POLE. // Ebony;Dec1954, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p27
The article describes how workers at Thule Air Base, a U.S. air base located in the Arctic Circle, distribute supplies to various weather stations in the North Pole region.