The Afghan Express
- Three-star report card. Arana-Barradas, Louis A. // Airman;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on the role of Army lieutenant general Dan McNeill in the mission in Afghanistan. Support of the airmen for the ground forces; Contribution of the U.S. Air Force in the mission; War on terrorism in the country.
- Air Force launches into expeditionary mission. Katzaman, Jim // Airman;Sep98, Vol. 42 Issue 9, p11
Focuses on the expeditionary aerospace force mission launched by the United States Air Force to manage the transition from the Cold War to the 21st century era of contingency operations. Attempt to meet the demands of hot spots around the world; Linking of geographically-separated units into...
- A Top Gun for Air-Ground Ops. Moore, Dan; Perkaus, Jim // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Oct2002, Vol. 128 Issue 10, p42
Details the improvement of the U.S. air-ground cooperation and combat capabilities in the effort of defeating decentralized terrorist networks. Establishment of the experimental organization, the Top Gun; Methods of the Hunter Battalion Experimental; Guidelines for a successful military...
- Operation Northern Watch fighters say final goodbye to Incirlik. Brubaker, Tammy // Airman;Jun2003, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the departure of the Operation Northern Watch fighters from the Incirlik air base in Turkey. Traditional goodbye of the U.S. Air Force; Number of troops in the air base; History of the operation.
- KEEPING WATCH. // Airman;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p26
Presents several photographs of the activities and the U.S. Air Force personnel involved in Southern Watch, a military operation that enforces the southern no-fly zone over Iraq.
- No Need for a Stan Check. McLain, Scott // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p3
Relates an experience of a U.S. airman on an aircraft accident in one of the missions of the army; Significance of the mission; Track of the army; Incident in the aircraft.
- We Are Going Where? Moynihan, Patrick T. // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p6
Relates an experience of a U.S. Military on a medevac. Situation of the patient; Need of a fast aircraft; Safety of the military patient.
- Rollback on Rollout. Ehredt, Dave // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p14
Relates an experience of a U.S. airman on an aircraft accident on a military mission. Location of the take off; Increase of the engine temperature; Lesson on a take-off.
- "It Just Blew, I Swear". Bowman, Geoffrey // Approach: The Naval Safety Center's Aviation Magazine;Oct2003, Vol. 48 Issue 10, p18
Relates an experience of a U.S. airman on an aircraft accident on a military mission. Weather condition of the take off; Advice from the wingman; Lessons learned from the accident.