WAR & PEACE
- Iraq and the U.S.Military. Corbin, Marcus // Defense Monitor;Jul/Aug2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the invasion and military occupation of U.S. on Iraq. Defeat of Saddam Hussein's government; Missions of U.S. Army and Marine Corps; Peacekeeping mission of the Army National Guard.
- Wilderness of lies . Baer, Robert // Vanity Fair;Feb2002, Issue 498, p116
Profiles veteran Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) agent Robert Baer. His 1995 mission of overthrowing Saddam Hussein; His opinion that Washington turned its back on his mission; How he coordinated a three pronged uprising against Hussein which was never completed.
- PRESSING THE FIGHT. Mazzetti, Mark; Whitelaw, Kevin; Anderson, Christopher; Barnes, Julian E.; Fang, Bay; Glasser, Jeff; Grossman, Elaine M.; Perry, Joellen; Roane, Kit R.; Newman, Richard J.; Omestad, Thomas; Walsh, Kenneth T. // U.S. News & World Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 134 Issue 11, p8
Discusses the U.S. and British assault on Baghdad, Iraq despite Iraqi resistance. Effects of a sandstorm on the battlefield; Efforts of Iraq's Republican Guard to protect Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein; Consideration of the guerrilla tactics used by the Fedayeen militia; Iraqi civilian...
- Terrorist threat grows. // Current Events;10/5/90, Vol. 90 Issue 4, p1
Discusses the possibility that Iraqi President Saddam Hussein may be planning a terrorist strike against United States troops in Saudi Arabia or other targets. US warning to Saddam; Saddam's call for a `jihad' or Muslim holy war; Suicide bombs, chemical weapons, etc.; Abu Nidal and other known...
- Saddam Hussein. // Current Events;3/1/91, Vol. 90 Issue 20, p1
Profiles Iraqi President Saddam Hussein. Personal background; Baath party; Plot to assassinate Iraq's former military dictator General Kassem; How Saddam rose to power; Why some Arabs consider him a hero; Persian Gulf War.
- Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq. Kort, Michael G. // Handbook of the Middle East;2002, p104
This chapter discusses information about Lebanon, Syria, and Iraq. The population of Lebanon is a volatile mixture of religious groups that have turned it into a country of quarreling, and often warring minorities. Syria is a Greek term that one referred to the Eastern Mediterranean region...
- A reporter at large. Bonner, Raymond // New Yorker;9/28/92, Vol. 68 Issue 32, p46
Details an on-going effort by New York City attorney Jemera Rone, a lawyer with Human Rights Watch, to put together a case against the atrocities being committed by Iraqi President Saddam Hussein against the Kurd people in provinces of northern Iraq that the US may present to the International...
- Iraqi plane shot down. // Current Events;1/11/93, Vol. 92 Issue 15, p2
Discusses how Saddam Hussein, dictator of Iraq, has sworn revenge for the United States downing of an Iraqi warplane last month. Plane flew into the no-fly zone; Details.
- The man who won't go away. // Current Events;2/1/93, Vol. 92 Issue 17, p1
Provides a history of the conflict with Saddam Hussein since the end of the Gulf War, February 1991. The latest confrontations between Iraq and the United States; Economic trade sanctions crippling Iraq's economy; Three air attacks on two no-fly zones and a plant suspected of conducting nuclear...