Taking a shot at goals
- National high school soccer players of the year... // Coach & Athletic Director;Mar1998, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p41
Presents the National High School Boys' and Girls' soccer players of the year, along with regional players of the year for 1997.
- Hunter Davies. // New Statesman;2/21/97, Vol. 126 Issue 4322, p143
Presents a fan's open letter to a soccer player. Reputation and popularity of the soccer player; Comparison with other players; Goals in life; Decision making process.
- PICTURE THIS. // Sports Illustrated;7/30/2007, Vol. 107 Issue 4, p20
An image of several players on the Uzbekistan soccer team is presented.
- Best feet forward. Pitzer, Kurt; Preston, Neal // People;6/6/94, Vol. 41 Issue 21, p93
Profiles some of the United States team's players for the World Cup '94 in soccer. Cobi Jones from the University of California in Los Angeles; University of Virginia's Claudio Reyna; Defender cum rocker Alexi Lalas; Midfielder John Harkes.
- Spontaneous combustion. Rushin, Steve // Sports Illustrated;06/15/98, Vol. 88 Issue 24, p118
Looks at the reactions of soccer players after they sore a goal. Examples of the strange displays of the players; Mention of the stars of the 1998 World Cup of Soccer tournament, and how they react when they score.
- AT THE END OF THE DAY. KEEGAN, KEVIN // Four Four Two;Jul2011, Issue 205, p40
The author shares his professional life as a football player in Great Britain, including the times football hurt him, the best goal he never scored, and the time he knew his football career was over.
- Granite Country Legends soccer goes undefeated. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);5/7/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 19, p1B
A photograph of the players of the Granite Country Legends soccer team in Burnet County, Texas.
- Kate Gill. // Australian FourFourTwo;Jul2009, Issue 45, p82
In this article the author, an Australian footballer, describes her life with the Swedish National League, the Damallsvenskan, compares their teaching and playing methods with those of Australia, and lists her future goals.
- Etc... // Christian Science Monitor;10/22/99, Vol. 91 Issue 229, p24
Relates news for October 1999, including robbers in Sao Paulo, Brazil who stopped when they realized that their victim was soccer player, Pele.