Out of thin air
- From Hainan Island to a Prison Hell. Maier, Timothy W. // Insight on the News;05/07/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 17, p14
Recounts the ordeal of retired United States (U.S.) Air Force Colonel Philip E. Smith during his captivity in China on September 20, 1967. Views of Smith on the capture of U.S. soldiers on the Hainan Island; Torture and sexual abuse experienced by Smith; Why Smith was captured by Chinese...
- Thieves Use Discharge Forms to Steal Identities. Van Brunt, Bryan // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Aug2002, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p25
Reports that U.S. retired military members who innocently stored their discharge form at a courthouse need to take precautionary steps to protect their personal information from being stolen by identity thieves. Conversion of the form into a public record after being filed with a court; Advice...
- A Century in the Making. Watson, Jim // All Hands;Nov99, Issue 991, p44
Features the life of former Navy bugler David Spiro in the Naval Home in Gulfport, Missouri.
- Captain Clay's crash landing. Brothers, Art // America's Network;12/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p118
No abstract available.
- Remembering Lt. Gen. William (Buffalo Bill) Quinn. Carrig Jr., John T. // Army Magazine;Nov2000, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p9
Recalls memories of retired United States Lieutenant General William Quinn. Display of concern for his men; Concentration on a military unit before his death; Origin of his nick name 'Buffalo Bill'; Flag project he initiated; Incident when a corporal requested him for reassignment to Korea;...
- No hearing for peace. // Progressive;Feb97, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p9
Opinion. Focuses on the group of retired United States generals and admirals who have called for the elimination of nuclear weapons. Comments from General Lee Butler; Motivations for calling for nuclear disarmament.
- Lt. Col. Joseph Rose, USA (Ret.). // Signal;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p66
The article reports features U.S. Retired Lieutenant Colonel Joseph Rose, a key contributor to the Pelican chapter of the Armed Forces Communications and Electronics Association (AFCEA).
- IN MEMORIAM. // Program Manager;May/Jun2002, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p15
Pays tribute to Charles Joseph Tringali, president of the Defense Systems Management College Alumni Association and a retired colonel of the United States Air Force. Career highlights; Educational attainment.
- Lt Gen C. Norman Wood, USAf (ret.), Motivates Strategic Roost. // Journal of Electronic Defense;Sep2002, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p70
Reports that the Association of Old Crows Strategic Roost sponsored a motivational presentation by 55th Wing veteran C. Norman Wood in the United States. Work experience; Navigator training attended; Motivation of Strategic Roost.