Texas Governor Sees Budget Deadline Where Comptroller Sees a 'Myth'
- SHOOT-OUT AT THE GOP CORRAL. Maggs, John // National Journal;11/8/2003, Vol. 35 Issue 45, p3443
Focuses on the criticism of Texas Governor Rick Perry's proposed budget by Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn. Action taken by the Legislature on Strayhorn's charges; Background on the political career of Strayhorn; History of the conflict between Strayhorn and Perry.
- A Woman of Independent Means. Goodin, Emily // National Journal;1/7/2006, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p63
The article reports that Texas state comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn has backed out of the Republican primary in order to challenge Republican Governor Rick Perry as an independent in the gubernatorial race. Strayhorn declared as an independent on the last day to file for the Republican or...
- Texas Senator Hutchison Hints at Potential Gubernatorial Candidacy. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/8/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32149, p4
This article focuses on the potential three-way race for the Republican nomination for the governor's office in Texas. Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn has long been considered a potential opponent to Texas governor Rick Perry's bid for a second full term of office. Rumors of Hutchison...
- Battle of the money bulge. Barton, Bob // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);8/23/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 19, p4
The article addresses issues related to the Kyle City Council elections in Texas in spring 2006. The political campaign of Texas Governor Rick Perry criticized the employees of State Comptroller Carole Strayhorn for using state computers during state time to help produce a political newsletter...
- Texas' Strayhorn Expected to Toss Hat in Ring. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/17/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32156, p6
The article reports on the possibility of Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn announcing that she will challenge Texas Governor Rick Perry in next year's Republican primary. Strayhorn has been considered by many to be a potential candidate for both the governor's mansion and lieutenant...
- Rhetorical Guns Blazing in Lone Star State Road Wars. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/23/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32451, p36
The article reports that Texas Comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn has rolled out a plan that would eliminate sweeping transportation finance reforms made by Governor Rick Perry. Strayhorn opposes the use of toll financing to fund road projects. She said she would rely instead on current...
- Governor lays out budget imperatives. Sterling, Ed // Graham Leader;4/25/2012, Vol. 136 Issue 73, p8B
The article offers information on the budget imperatives put forward by Rick Perry, Governor of Texas.
- Legislature addresses roads damaged by oil, gas traffic. Domel, Jessica // Texas Agriculture Magazine;6/7/2013, Vol. 28 Issue 20, p9
The article informs that bill HB 2300 and SB 1747, both are addressing the harms of the roadway infrastructure due of increased traffic and oil and gas exploration in Texas, has been sent to the state governor Rick Perry for approval.
- Under the gun. Mantone, Joseph // Modern Healthcare;8/30/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 35, p10
Reports on the efforts of U.S. state officials to keep services and benefits in their state healthcare programs despite budget deficits in 2004. Increase in funding for Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program in Texas; Allegations of state comptroller Carole Keeton Strayhorn...