Delaware Mulls TIFs, Special Development Districts for Localities
- STRINGING US ALONG? Sawford, Andy // Public Finance;Apr2012, Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the Local Government Finance Bill in Great Britain. It mentions that the aim of the bill is that local authorities, bolstered by their new powers that will be able to encourage growth, attract business, share large new financial risks, run good and value-for-money...
- Opryland wins city approval. Hodgson, Dick // Business Press;12/11/98, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p5
Reports on the approval of a tax increment financing district in Opryland, Texas. Public meeting held to discuss the proposed district; Infrastructure to be funded by the district; Projections on the economic impact of the Opryland development.
- Texas bill extending TIF district spending awaits governor's approval. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;06/21/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30666, p32
Reports that a state legislative bill pending governor's approval in Texas may bring changes to the state's special districts by broadening spending authority for tax increment financing (TIF) districts. Details of the bill; Purpose of the formation of TIF districts; Opinion of officials in...
- Bill would create TIFs without borders. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/14/98, Vol. 21 Issue 50, p4
Reports on a bill allowing the city of Chicago, Illinois to pool money generated by city's tax-increment financing (TIF) districts. TIF under state law; Community groups' concern over giving city hall unprecedented freedom to decide where money in economic redevelopment will be spent;...
- D.C. Council Approves 90-Day Reauthorization of TIF Program. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/18/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31535, p4
Reports that the District of Columbia Council has approved the reauthorization of its four-year-old tax-increment financing program (TIF) for 90 days on a voice vote on December 17, 2002. Reasons for designating the reauthorization bill as emergency legislation; Concern showed by chairman of...
- Baucus: More PABs, No AMT. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;12/11/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33021, p1
The article reports on the remarks of Senate Finance Committee chairman Max Baucus on the economic stimulus legislation and a bailout of automakers in the U.S. He said that stimulus bill would allow state and local governments to issue additional private-activity bonds not subject to the...
- Questions about RDAs often asked by local developers. Banks, Diane // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/16/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 49, p7
The article offers information on redevelopment agencies (RDAs) of interest to local developers in Salt Lake City (SLC) in Utah. It notes that other RDAs other than the Redevelopment Agency of Salt Lake City exist in the city. Tools provided by the RDA of SLC are mentioned which include...
- Bill would aid casino construction. Kitchenman, Andrew // njbiz;2/8/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p2
The article reports on the impact of the passage of a bill that bars local referendums on projects funded through tax-increment financing in New Jersey on the Revel Entertainment casino project.
- TIF for Hospitality District. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;5/3/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33708, p7
The article reports that a legislative effort to establish a hospitality district was opposed by trustees of the French Quarter Management District.