Wisconsin GOP Budget Blueprint Raises Threat of Doyle Veto
- RESEARCH DIGEST. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p6
Reports on news items related to U.S. bond market as of February 19, 2003. Projection of a budget gap for fiscal 2004 in Boston, Massachusetts by Vestigo Associates; Decline in refundings of municipal bonds for 2003.
- N.Y.C. Looks To Make Use Of New Power. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p1
Reports the possible use of advance refundings power to take advantage of favorable interest rates by the New York City government. Projection of savings from refundings; Efforts to close budget gaps; Views of Rita Sallis, deputy comptroller for public finance.
- Detroit School Plan. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/9/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32067, p27
Reports that public schools officials in Detroit, Michigan, submitted a deficit elimination plan to the state in the week prior to February 8, 2005, in which the district seeks to refund about 213 million dollars of bonds in order to extend the existing 15-year debt payment schedule. Total costs...
- N.J. Issuers To Refund $2.4B of Debt. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;12/23/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32036, p1
The article focuses on New Jersey and two of the state's authorities which are planning to ring in the New Year with three separate refundings totaling about $2.43 billion. State officials have been aggressively pursuing refunding opportunities in the municipal market in the face of a budget...
- Legislature opens Jan. 11 with budget issues heavy and present. Sterling, Ed // Graham Leader;1/19/2011, Vol. 135 Issue 45, p4B
The article reports on the opening of the 82nd regular session of the Texas legislature on January 11, 2011 with rousing and high spirit speeches reflecting the budget deficits and highlights the remarks of state comptroller Susan Combs on biennial state revenue for general-purpose spending.
- Session to be 'all about money.'. Cooley, Megan // Journal of Business (10756124);12/19/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 26, pA1
Reports on the finance-related agenda of the Washington state legislature on its sessions in January 2003. Question of how to deal with a 2003-2005 biennial deficit; Priorities lined up by business leaders, higher-education representatives and local government officials.
- LEGISLATIVE LOOP 2010. Miller, Ken // Oklahoma Dental Association Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p8
The article presents an overview of the 2010 Legislative Session in the U.S. It states that the legislature aims to empower the private sector despite a budget deficit of over one billion dollars. It presents the successes of the 2010 session which include the modernization of the government,...
- Connecticut Deficit Grows to $1B As State Sets $424M for Institutions. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/21/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33045, p3
The article reports on the budget deficit of Connecticut. According to Governor M. Jodi Rell, Connecticut's falling tax collection have widened its 2009 budget deficit to nearly $1 billion. Rell's announcement came as the state prepared for institutional pricing of a $42.2 million transportation...
- Chicago Board of Ed To Sell $250M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32153, p1
Reports on the refund of general obligation debt of the Chicago Board of Education in Chicago, Illinois. Purpose of the move on raising funds for capital plan; Total administrative cuts being outlined from deficits; Impact of budget cuts on schools' administration.