Future of Decommissioned Naval Base Has Southern California in Conflict
- Airwork: Cutting Off Their Noseâ€¦. Benenson, Tom // Flying;Oct2006, Vol. 133 Issue 10, p101
The article presents a perspective on several issues regarding airport construction.
- Ivanpah may be critical to air travel industry. Hare, David // Las Vegas Business Press;04/02/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p14
Discusses the potential impact of the proposed construction of an international airport at the Ivanpah area in Las Vegas, Nevada on the local airline industry. Overview on growth in air travel in the region in 2000; Clark County Department of Aviation's plans of using the airport both as a...
- Bavaria's big M. Hill, Leonard // Air Transport World;Jun2002, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p49
Focuses on the construction of the Terminal 2 at the Munich Airport in Germany. Design of the facility; Cost of the terminal project; Details of how passenger traffic will be handled at Terminal 2.
- New for old: An analysis of the impact of the new Athens and Oslo airports. IATROU, KOSTAS; WILLIAMS, GEORGE // Journal of Airport Management;Apr-Jun2008, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p235
Over the past decade Europe has experienced a relatively rare occurrence: the replacement of two major airports serving capital cities. Gardermoen Airport serving Oslo replaced the heavily constrained Fornebu in October 1998, while the old facility serving Athens was superseded by Eleftherios...
- Senate Unit OKs Cargo Security Bill. Krause, Kristin S. // Traffic World;10/14/2002, Vol. 266 Issue 41, p15
Reports the Senate approval of the Cargo Security Bill in the U.S. Revision to the Aviation and Transportation Security Act; Economic aspect of aviation-related legislation; Impact of the air security law on freight operation.
- Aviation. // Travel Weekly Australia;5/8/2009, Issue 111, p5
The article offers updates related to the aviation industry in Australia. The Emirates commits to review its take-off operations since an aircraft has scraped its tail in March 2009 at the Melbourne airport. The Australian government plans to create a trans-Tasman common customs area with...
- Florida Agency to Break Ground on First New Airport in U.S. Since 1995. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/30/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32703, p8
The article reports on the Panama City-Bay County International Airport to be relocated in Bradenton in Florida. It states that the board for the Panama City-Bay County International Airport and Industrial District will be notified in this regard on September 7, 2007. It is reported that after...
- Airport-city development trend and strategy formulation using integrated analysis -- The case of Taiwan. Wan-Chung Hong; Wei-Li Wu; Kung-Jeng Wang // Journal of Airport Management;Summer2012, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p274
Many airports have shifted from being simple transfer posts to global logistic transportation hubs and, more recently, to multifunctional airport cities. This study conducts an integrated analysis on airport-city development trends and strategy formulation. By using a grounded theory-based...
- A NAVAL FORCE IN EVOLUTION. // Naval Forces;Special Issue 2005, Vol. 26, p119
The article discusses the emerging naval force of Brazil. The natural resources in Brazil's jurisdictional waters turn the South Atlantic into a vital area for achieving and maintaining national political and economic interests. Thus, the existence of a sizable Navy is of fundamental importance...