Fitch Targets Debt in N.J
- D.C. Schools Get Blitz of Repairs For New Year. Gewertz, Catherine // Education Week;9/5/2007, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p11
The article reports on the renovations of Washington, D.C. public school buildings. The repair program was launched by former superintendent Clifford B. Janey and continued by schools chancellor Michelle A. Rhee and project director Allen Y. Lew. Plans under mayor Adrian M. Fenty's 2007 summer...
- Shaheen Declares Education N.H.'s 'Most Important Issue'. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;01/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31052, p34
Focuses on New Hampshire Governor Jeanne Shaheen's call for state lawmakers to move quickly to find a solution to the state's school funding crisis. School-funding system's violation of the state's constitution; Threat to the state's credit rating; Shaheen's appointment of a blue ribbon...
- Nashua, N.H., gets school-aid windfall, Moody's upgrade. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/06/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30741, p5
Reports that Nashua has benefited from New Hampshire's expected resolution of its school funding crisis. Raising of Nashua's credit rating; Solutions to unequal school funding in New Hampshire.
- SUSTAINING SCHOOL SUCCESS IN PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY. Pauling, Larry // American School & University;Dec2010, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p58
The article focuses on the success of maintenance works among public schools in Prince George's County, Maryland, wherein maintenance officials are managing a multi-year sustainability contract that will reduce carbon footprint and save more than 194 million dollars.
- District Judge Orders Kansas Public Schools Closed Over Funding Flaw. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/12/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31882, p6
Reports on the order of judge Terry Bullock to close all public schools in Kansas. Frustration of the judge on the failure of the Legislature to correct a school funding formula that he declared unconstitutional; Comment of governor Kathleen Sebelius on the issue; Effect of the problem on the...
- Telenor to rehabilitate 14 flood-affected public schools. // Flare (Pakistan);Nov2014, p68
The article reports on the 2014 launch of mobile operator company Telenor Pakistan Pvt. Ltd.'s rehabilitation and improvement project of 14 flood-affected public schools in Nowshehra district of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
- Change for the worse. Vosburg, Brian // Planning;Apr2013, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p53
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Where Schools Are Change Agents" in the February 2013 issue.
- Cost of Vandalism In Phila. Schools Set at $3 Million. // Education Week;6/1/1983, Vol. 2 Issue 36, p3
The article focuses on the data compiled by the Council for Educational Priorities (CEP) from a review of records on public school maintenance and operations in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. According to Janice Williams, assistant director of CEP, about 27 percent of the work orders for the high...
- FORM: FCRA Â§ 611. // Credit Repair;Jun2013, pF40
The article presents information on the U.S. Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) 611-Procedure in Case of Disputed Accuracy.