- Building boom rages in 2003. Illia, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;12/9/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 49, p1
Reports on the number of commercial construction projects despite state budget deficit and legislative issues in Nevada. Building addition to the property of Mandalay Bay; Three-level expansion to the Forum Shops of Caesars Palace; Retail shops and restaurants of Bellagio hotel-casino.
- Budget accuracy: More than wishful thinking. Leuthold, Jim // Pulp & Paper;Jun97, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p57
Advises on how to track costs and spending for a paper mill construction project. Types of information that must be included in a cost report; Importance of having knowledge of efficient construction processes, man-hour estimating and equipment requirements; Contractor selection; Possible...
- Wyoming Budget Plan Signed, Minus School Construction. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/18/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31346, p4
Reports Governor Jim Geringer to sign the budget for school construction in Wyoming. Creation of a commission to review school construction project; Election of state officials to sit on the panel; Amount estimated for the construction.
- A Cutting-Edge Idea Moves to the Center. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30915, p2A
Reports on the use of design-build construction contracts by states and municipalities in the United States. State departments of transportation's use of the contracts to limit their exposure and costs; Reasons why design-build contracts are attractive to states and localities; Record of...
- Budget Deficits and National Saving. Nordhaus, William D. // Challenge (05775132);Mar/Apr96, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p45
Argues that low savings is not America's problem but wasteful government programs that are crowding out productive ones. Deficit reduction; National savings rate; Focus on efficiency rather than deficits.
- Editor's notebook. Clark, Timothy B. // Government Executive;May99, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p4
Criticizes the United States government for its budget deficits in education and defense. Capitalization on fiscal 2000 discretionary spending; Impact of inflation on capitalization; Risk of losing jobs in the civil service.
- Local Effects of Pentagon Budget Cuts Uncertain. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;1/10/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the effects of Pentagon budget cut on the local based command in the U.S.
- Qatar. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;2/19/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p27
Presents news briefs related to business enterprises in Qatar, as of February 19, 1999. Includes Qatar Chemical Complex's start of evaluation of commercial bids for its polyethylene plant construction project; Qatar General Petroleum Corp.'s invitation of bids for a road construction contract;...
- Defence does it again. Baird, Neil // Ausmarine;Jul2007, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p5
The author comments on the contracts for the construction of three Air Warfare Destroyers and two amphibious assault ships. He argues that the ships will cost far more than the budgeted $11 billion. He says that more economical ships could have been designed locally and built to cope with...