XLCA Reports 1Q Net Loss, Doubles Gross Premiums Written
- XLCA Records a Net Loss for Second-Quarter Earnings. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/19/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31452, p38
Reports the net loss of XL Capital Assurance in New York. Effect on the increased expenses of the company; Total loss of investments; Maintenance of employee base.
- Guarantor XL Capital Assurance Posts $1.09 Million Loss for Third Quarter. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31516, p36
Reports that New York-based financial guarantor XL Capital Assurance Inc. has disclosed a net loss of 1.09 million dollars for the third quarter of the fiscal year 2002 as of November 13, 2002. Comparison of the net loss of the company with that during the corresponding period in 2001;...
- Expense-Burdened XL Capital Assurance Reports 2002 Net Loss of $5 Million. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;4/3/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31607, p7
XL Capital Assurance Inc. reported a net loss of $5.25 million for 2002. For the fourth quarter of 2002, the net loss was $491,000. XLCA, a New York subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd., has reported two consecutive years of net losses. Chief financial officer Ed Hubbard said in a...
- XL Capital Assurance Reports 2Q Net Loss of $100,000. // Bond Buyer;8/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31706, p28
Reports that XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a New York bond insurer ad subsidiary of Bermuda-based XL Capital Ltd. has reported a net loss of $ 100,000 for the second quarter of 2003. Comments of the chief financial officer of XLCA; Difference in gross premiums written off in the second...
- XLCA Posts S1.29M 3Q Loss. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;11/16/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32011, p2
The article presents information on the financial performance of XL Capital Assurance Inc. for the third quarter of 2004. The company reported a loss of $ 1.29 million, compared with earnings of $334,000 last year. Gross premiums written in the third quarter fell 35% to $47.5 million from last...
- CLARIFICATION. // Asset Securitization Report;8/18/2008, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p6
A correction to the article misstating the name of bond issuer XL Capital Assurance Inc. published in the July 28, 2008 issue is presented.
- XL Capital Still Painted as Newcomers, With Yields to Match. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/12/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31760, p22
Reports on the rating of insurer XL Capital Assurance in the U.S. Bonds issued by the company; Products offered.
- XL Capital Gets VP For Consumer ABS. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;11/8/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31261, p6
Reports on appointment of Deborah Murnin as vice president of consumer asset-backed finance in XL Capital Assurance Inc. Educational and career background of Murnin; Job responsibilities.
- New Guarantor XLCA Gets Ready to Compete in the Primary Market. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;7/26/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31189, p7
Focuses on the business status of XL Capital Assurance Inc. (XLCA), a public finance guarantor in the United States. Preparations undertaken by XLCA for its municipal bond deals; Stability of the company in the business market; Bond insurance provided by XLCA for Long Island Power Authority.