IRS Ruling: 501(c)(3) Agreements Don't Endanger Bonds' Exempt Status
- IRS Revamps Web Site to Better Answer Bond Questions. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/21/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32054, p5
This article reports that the U.S. Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) tax-exempt bond office has restructured its Web site to provide bond market participants with better-organized, more accessible information on tax-exempt bond topics. The other section on abusive tax transactions would present...
- IRS Closes Audit of Pa. School District, Upholds Tax-Exempt Status of Bonds. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32482, p36
The article reports on the audit closure of the $27.7 million of Series 2002 general obligation bonds of the Internal Revenue Service, which was issued by Wilson's School District in Pennsylvania and maintained the tax-exempt status of the bonds. The bonds were closed to finance several capital...
- ABA Report Shows One Bond Attorney Unhappy With Appeals. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p5
The article reports on the issues concerning the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) appeals process. According to a survey of the American Bar Association (ABA), tax attorneys are generally satisfied with the fairness of the IRS appeals process, but at least one bond attorney believes appeals...
- Panel to Weigh Urging Bond Counsel About IRS Sanctions. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/15/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31905, p4
Reports that the Government Finance Officers Association's committee on governmental debt management has considered revising its guidelines to encourage issuers to ask bond counsel and finance professionals whether they have been sanctioned by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Update on the...
- IRS Names Som de Cerff Senior Technician Reviewer. Hime, Lynn // Bond Buyer;2/24/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32077, p29
The article informs that Johanna Som de Cerff has been named senior technician reviewer for the tax-exempt branch in the Internal Revenue Service's office of chief counsel, a post in which she will be working on refunding rules and allocation and accounting rules. Som de Cerff, who was assistant...
- Examination. Jones, Larry // Journal of Tax Practice & Procedure;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) requirements for taxpayers to substantiate all expenses on a tax return and offers information to help substantiate these expenses. Focus is given on various tax codes including Code Section 6001 that requires taxpayers to maintain...
- IRS Auditing $19 Million of Missouri IDA Tax-Increment Refunding Bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;6/16/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33534, p4
The article reports on the audit made by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) on the 19 million U.S. dollars tax-increment refunding revenue bonds issued by the Industrial Development Authority (IDA) of the City of Florissant in Missouri in 2003.
- IRS Help for Financially Distressed Taxpayers. // Tennessee Tribune;3/31/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p14A
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to help financially distressed taxpayers including mortgage workouts and foreclosures and prevention of offer in Compromise default.
- Naming-Rights Clarion. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;3/17/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31594, p1
Reports on municipal bond attorneys' request to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service to issue formal guidance on tax-exempt bond deals involving naming rights for sports and conventions. Cause of concerns over the issue; Issues raised by municipal bond attorneys; Analysts' opinion about the issue.