Connecticut Agency Selling Up to $43M of School Loan Debt
- The East. // Capitol Ideas;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p6
The article offers news briefs related to the eastern U.S. including the number of sales of single-family home Massachusetts in December 2011, increase in the whooping cough case in Vermont schools, and 14% increase in the higher education funding in Rhode Island for the 2011-2012 fiscal year.
- ARKANSAS: Higher Ed GOs on the Way. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p31
The article reports that some bonds that have been approved could be issued in coming months to fund the needed capital improvements at 11 public universities and 22 two-year colleges in Arkansas. The bond package includes $150 million for new projects and $100 million to pay down an earlier...
- Oklahoma Finance Agency Issuing $10.6M for Public Higher Ed Equipment. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/24/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32677, p4
The article reports that Oklahoma Development Finance Authority's negotiated sale of $10.6 million of master lease revenue bonds is the 20th issue of a six-year-old program to finance computers and other equipment for Oklahoma public colleges and universities. The proceed from the sale will be...
- Financially Improving North Carolina Readies $300 Million GO Offering. Deue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;5/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32387, p36
The article focuses on the 300 million dollars general obligation offering of North Carolina. The bonds will be sold with Robinson, Bradshaw & Hinson as the bond counsel. Proceeds of the deal will be used to fund several projects throughout the state's higher education system. It was believed...
- North Carolina Faces Biggest Bond Slate in Years If Easley Budget Passes. deSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/26/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32575, p6
The article reports that North Carolina plans to present its largest slate of bond authorizations in the market if lawmakers approve Governor Michael Easley's fiscal 2008-09 budget. On March 1, 2007, Easley called for $1.4 billion of general obligation bonds to be issued for a variety of...
- Univ. of Texas Regents Back in the Saddle With $435M of Triple-A Debt. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/31/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33655, p8
The article reports on the decision of the University of Texas System Board of Regents to offer 200 million dollars of top-rated revenue financing systems refunding bonds to a receptive market in the first week of February 2012. It relates that proceeds of the said deal will refinance 186.3...
- Leonard Lavin Pledges Additional $2M Toward SDSU's Entrepreneurial Center. Bengtson, Stacey; Glazer, Joyce // San Diego Business Journal;8/13/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 33, p41
The article offers information related to endowments in San Diego, California. The Entrepreneurial Management Center of San Diego State University was pledged an additional $2 million by Leonard H. Lavin, founder and chairman emeritus of the Alberto-Culver Co. Legal Aid Society of San Diego...
- Negotiated Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p10
Presents statistics for negotiated bond offerings in U.S. bond market as of January 15, 2002. Tentative dates for negotiated sales; Performance rating for the negotiated sales; Financial advisor for sales; Name of the issuers.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; Vekshin, Alison; Braun, Martin Z.; McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;9/23/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31476, p33
Reports developments in the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Increase on the sales tax revenue in Maryland; Appointment of Orin Kramer as chairman of the New Jersey pension funds; Redevelopment plans for the Meadowlands Sports Complex.