Providence Readies $31 Million for Schools
- Texas May Shift Part of Issue For Texas Southern University. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p3
The article reports that Texas lawmakers have approved a bill that would shift part of a $46 million revenue bond issue for Texas Southern University from new construction to repair of damaged buildings on the Houston campus. The bill, which was sponsored by Representative Garnet F. Coleman, has...
- School system grapples with complaints on bond spending. Hoeschen, Brad L.F. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);09/30/96, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p19
Reports that controversy is affecting New Orleans, Louisiana, Public School system's major improvement project. Complaint from a committee which was appointed by the school board to oversee the progress of the construction and renovation; Amount of money granted to the school system to renovate...
- No cure--alls for K-12. Fisher, Thomas // Architectural Record;Oct1997, Vol. 185 Issue 10, p105
Focuses on the amount of money spent in the repair and construction of schools and K-12 facilities in the 1990s. Factors which influence the rate at which repairs are made to facilities; Information on a study conducted by the United States Department of Education.
- Preparation for rapid growth. // American School & University;Dec2002, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p12
Details the expansion and renovation plans for the Carmel Clay Schools in Carmel, Indiana as of December 2002. Benefits of the expansion; Projected enrollment at Carmel Clay Schools by 2010.
- School renovation planned. // American School & University;Feb2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p10
Focuses on the renovation program for Rabun Gap Nacooche School in Georgia. Details on Phase I of the renovation program; Amount allocated for the program.
- Anchorage Voters Approve $59.25M of School Bonds. Glazier, Kyle // Bond Buyer;4/9/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34289, p1
Anchorage, Alaska, voters have approved $59.25 million of bonds to expand and refurbish several elementary schools.
- MAINE: Portland Plans a Deal. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;6/4/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32642, p9
The article reports on the plan of Portland, Maine to competitively sell $25.5 million of fixed-rate general obligation bonds. The proceeds of the bond will be used to fund a variety of capital projects which include construction or improvement of schools, streets, public buildings and sewer...
- Renovation spurs `double-up' meals. // FoodService Director;06/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 6, p16
Presents information on the New Kensington-Arnold School District in New Kensington, Pennsylvania, focusing on the renovations conducted on the middle school. Problems encountered when attempting to relocate students to accommodate work done to the building; Expectations for the middle school...
- Matching Program Eases Ohio School Districts Closer to Bonds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31392, p1
Reports the plans to spend money for schools as part of a state-sponsored matching program for bond initiatives in the U.S. Authorization for the sale of bonds; Details on the final plan of school bonds for approval; Costs of renovation for school buildings.