Calif. Reprices $100M of Tobacco Debt
- Yields Fall 3 to 4 Basis Points; $2.6B Tobacco Offering Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports on the trading of tobacco settlement asset-backed bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization in Corp. in California. Flexibility of the exchange rates; Escalation of treasury bonds; Enthusiasm of the traders for rate swap.
- States Seeking Extra Ingredient To Sweeten Tobacco Bond Blends. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p1
Focuses on the sale of bonds by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. Percentage yield on the bonds that were higher than similarly rated bonds; Mutual funds that have been the dominant buyers of tobacco bonds; Multi-billion dollar tobacco bonds issued in 2002.
- California to Kick Off Big Tobacco Sale. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;9/19/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31723, p1
Reports on the planned sale of enhanced tobacco settlement asset-backed bonds of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. in California. Sale of Series 2003A tobacco bonds; Use of the bond proceeds for debt services; Securitization of the remaining payments owed by tobacco companies to the state.
- Municipals Gain as Treasuries Rally; California Tobacco Hits Secondary. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;1/21/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31556, p2
Reports on the business strategies of bond markets in California on January 17, 2003. Increase in rates of municipal bonds by the sale of tobacco bonds; Reasons for increase in trade gap; Increment in the bond assets of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.
- Golden State Tobacco Draws $12 Million From Reserves. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;12/6/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33627, p1
The article reports on the 12 million dollars drawn by Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. from its reserves for the company's interest payment on December 1, 2011.
- California Bill Allows Tobacco Debt Refinancing, as Well as New Deals. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;9/7/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32461, p40
The article reports on the approval of a legislative bill that enables the refinancing of Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp. in California. The bill enables the state to secure more debt secured by the state's share with tobacco companies as agreed in the Master Settlement Agreement....
- With Higher Yields, Calif. Tobacco Sells. Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/9/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32583, p1
The article reports on the sale of California-based Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.'s tobacco bonds worth of $4.5 billion that is found to be a strong market support even though after extra yield was provided during the initial pricing. As claimed, despite the repricing, still the deal...
- Fitch Drops 98 of 250 Tobacco Ratings. DEVITT, CAITLIN // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p5
The article presents the investment-grade ratings of tobacco bonds in the U.S. by Fitch Ratings Ltd. as part of its annual sector review amid continued consumption declines by smokers and a dispute between the companies and states on diminishing annual payments. The rating agency states that it...
- Teetering California Helps Tip Region Into Record New-Issue Territory. Williams, Rochelle; Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/8/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31836, Bond Buyer p64
Focuses on the sold general obligation debt in 2003 in the Far West states. Amount of tobacco bonds sold by the Golden State Tobacco Securitization Corp.; Total bond issues in California; Increase in debt sales of Alaska.