Arizona Lawmakers OK $6.4B Budget; Bonds Still on Back Burner
- Slovenian PM seeks confidence vote as tax dispute simmers. // Regional Today;4/8/2014, p4
The article informs that Slovenian Prime Minister Alenka Bratusek has said that she would call a confidence vote in parliament . She was forced to abolish a planned increase in value-added tax(VAT). Earlier the government leaders planned to raise the VAT to 24 percent from 22 percent to bring...
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31606, p35
Presents information regarding various developments in securities industry in the U.S. as of April 2, 2003. Closure of public schools in Detroit by the end of 2003 due to budget deficit; Removal of the Detroit Medical Center from rating watch positive by Fitch Ratings; Approval of a sic-cent...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Williamson, Richard; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;1/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31552, p27
Presents several news briefs related to the securities industry in the Southwest region of the U.S. as of January 14, 2003. Investment agency in Arizona that is headed towards a possible downgrade; Claims made by Oklahoma City attorney Jerry Fent in a lawsuit challenging a state program;...
- What does Wall Street know that Washington fails to see? Wasson, Erik; Becker, Bernie // Hill;11/20/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 130, p1
The article presents information on the U.S. securities industry which is signaling confidence in the lawmakers, who will make a deal to avoid fiscal cliff in the country.
- Gains Dependent On Euro Correction. // Emerging Markets Monitor;1/12/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 37, p14
Presents news related to economics in Europe as of January 2004. Factor to underpin the koruna; Threat of short-term capital account volatility; Possibility of an improvement in investment flows; Growth in the third-quarter account deficit.
- No confidence vote for agency head. Marris, Emma // Nature;8/30/2007, Vol. 448 Issue 7157, p979
The article focuses on the controversies involving David A. Schwartz, the director the National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS) in North Carolina. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) announced that it will investigate the management and leadership of its environmental...
- Turkish government wins parliamentary backing. // Journal of Turkish Weekly;12/7/2015, p1
The article informs that new government of Turkey led by Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu won a parliamentary vote of confidence and backing for its program.
- LEBANON-PARLIAMENT. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);7/6/2011, Vol. 198 Issue 5126, p14
The author reflects on the first day of the parliamentary sessions in Lebanon to debate the government's policy statement ahead of a confidence vote.
- SIFMA Survey Forecasts Rise in Treasury Issuance. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/24/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32864, p2
The article reports on a survey forecasting a federal budget deficit in the U.S. According to the survey released by Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association Inc., a larger projected budget deficit will push net Treasury bill, note, and bond issuance higher in the second quarter of...