IRS Informs Colorado District That '99 Bonds Could Be Deemed Taxable
- Court May Send Bond Proceeds to IRS. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;9/14/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32466, p1
The article reports on the ruling of a Minnesota district court to release $2 million of bond proceeds from a 2002 Manitowoc, Wisconsin, Community Development Authority (CDA) deal to settle the abusive arbitrage schemes brought out by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. CDA sold $145.4 million...
- IRS to Audit 40 Deals Over Penalties. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p1
Reports on the plans of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to audit 40 tax-exempt governmental bond issues beginning January 2003. Reasons for the audit; Areas to be examined by IRS; Penalty for the issuers not meeting payment requirements of arbitrage.
- Government Does a Poor Job of Respecting Online Privacy. Kemp, Jack // Business Journal (Central New York);10/13/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 41, p35
Reports on the United States government's respect to online privacy. U.S. Internal Revenue Service's downloading of electronically filed tax forms; Security of government computer systems; Computer security products.
- Stocks/debt loss allocations. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p12
Focuses on tax regulations from United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) affecting the allocation of loss recognized on the disposition of stock assets.
- Mark-to-market regs released. // Practical Accountant;Feb94, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p14
Reports that the US Internal Revenue Service has issued guidelines on the regulation of securities. Effectivity of guidelines.
- IRS Auditing 1999 School COPs. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p2
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's examination of 1999 pooled tax and revenue anticipation note issue sold by a group of four school districts in California. Certificates of participation issued.
- IRS seeks to fill two positions in new government operating division. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p5
Reports on United States Internal Revenue Service's search for professionals with experience in municipal bonds and management to fill positions for the additional division of the agency. Overseeing of government finance and other issues.
- IRS releases advice on allocating expenditures for arbitrage purposes. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/21/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30504, p5
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's release of a technical advice memorandum that shows issuers how it expects them to allocate expenditures from bond proceeds and account for them for arbitrage purposes. Types of deals for which the memorandum is applicable; Terms of the...
- IRS Plans to Notify Issuers of Settlement. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p36
Reports on the United States Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) plan to write to all issuers whose bonds are included in any global yield-burning settlement to inform them of the resolution of taxability questions. Audit investigation launched by the IRS into the yield burning that allegedly...