NEWS IN BRIEF
- Analysts Wary About 2nd Half. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/7/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 4, p10
The article reports that financial analysts are wary about the second-quarter margins and profits as the inventories rise at several department and specialty stores. Financial analyst Deborah Weinswig stated that she feared that inventories could be increase above plan leading to prompt...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31403, p2
Reports developments related to finance in the U.S. as of June 2002. Decrease on the application of state unemployment benefits; Amount of money raised on the weekly auction; Economic problems of New York.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/3/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32041, p2
The article presents various news items related to bond market. The Treasury Department said that it will raise $988 million of new cash at its weekly auction of 91-day and 182-day discount bills today by selling $36 billion to refund $35,012 billion in maturing securities. First-time...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, March 11. // Bond Buyer;3/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31840, p2
Presents information on economic conditions in the U.S. as of March 11, 2004. Unemployment benefit claims; Import prices; Retail sales; Government securities prices.
- Retail. // Investment Dealers' Digest;06/26/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 26, p40
Presents statistics of the financial transactions of the retail industry in the United States for the week of June 24, 2000. Retail underwriting volume; Value of underwriting fees; Equity and debt deals completed.
- Institutional Cash Infusion Overwhelms Outflows From Retail Sector. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;6/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31403, p41
Focuses on the tax-free money market fund in the U.S. Increase of net inflow; View of the investors on retail funds; Total tax-free fund assets.
- Packages meet shrinkage challenge. Greenberg, Eric F. // Packaging Digest;Oct95, Vol. 32 Issue 14, p20
Looks at the use of packaging in the prevention and the reduction of product shrinkage for retailers. Factors in product shrinkage; Types of retailer inventory shrinkage; Loss prevention strategies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p2
Presents news-briefs related to the U.S. public finance market as of November, 2002. Rise in the third-quarter gross domestic product of the year; Increase in applications for unemployment benefits in Washington D.C.; Economic condition of the New York City; Volume of help-wanted advertisements...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/6/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31175, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of July 2001. Applications for state unemployment benefits; Performance of the Chicago Fed National Activity Index; Expansion in the non-manufacturing economic activity.