Clean cut image
- IN BRIEF. // Builders Merchants Journal;Jan2004, p8
Reports that Winsford Cheshire-based hardwood importer, Smee Timber, has completed an investment in their plant by commissioning a Brenta Band sawmill. Features of the mill; Functions and benefits of the mill.
- Getting on with the Job. Richardson, Margaret // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the views of contractors regarding changes within the corporate forest owners in New Zealand. Adaptation to continuous changes in the industry; Acceptance for any challenges; Association of joint ventures with changes in policy.
- Pulling the Plug--Something Amiss with Market Mechanisms. Edlin, Bob // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2001, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p47
Reports the slowing economy and decrease demands of pulp production in world market. Increase of energy consumption demand; Implication of devaluation on price mechanism in the market; Indications of price boost on profits and export.
- Still Running Hot. Deverick, Ian // New Zealand Forest Industries;Apr2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p26
Reports the impact of the increasing demand for kilns on kiln manufacturers in New Zealand. Existence of competition among manufacturers; Efforts of the manufacturers in improving energy efficiency and savings; Move taken by the manufacturers concerning the increase of the demand for kilns. ...
- Solidarity Forever. Richardson, Margaret // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p14
Reports the attitude of forestry contractors in New Zealand. Implication of the changes of Employment Relations Act for the attitude of the workers; Need for collective bargaining power for the association; Value of better people management.
- FIEA News. // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p38
Reports developments on forest products industry in New Zealand as of September 2002. Use of technology to improve the operating efficiencies and productive capability of forest products companies; Improvement of timber drying technologies; Development of a lumber pre-sorting system.
- RoundUp. // New Zealand Forest Industries;Sep2002, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p39
Reports developments on forest products industry in New Zealand as of September 2002. Production of mycotoxins; Emphasis of the biological control of buddleia; Expansion of pest species.
- Log Pricing. // New Zealand Forest Industries;Apr2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p4
Provides updates on the global prices of logs as of March 17, 2003. Solid demand continuing from major export markets; Price movements in South Korea; Price increases in China; Decline in pruned prices; Statistics of the Agri-Fax Log Price. INSETS: PINE LOG PRICES - Week beginning March 17,...
- Flies In the Ointment Jeopardising Expansion. Edlin, Bob // New Zealand Forest Industries;Apr2003, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p36
Discusses the economic conditions affecting the forest product industry in New Zealand. Increase in the harvest statistics for year 2002; Forecasted sustained wood product exports up to year 2007; Forecast in the decline for wood export revenue in 2004; Impact of the U.S.-led war against Iraq...