PVC glosses over foils
- Computerized rough end coming to average firms via NAFM. // Wood & Wood Products;Apr96, Vol. 101 Issue 5, p52
Reports on an investment by the National Association of Furniture Manufacturers (NAFM) in an effort to use a mini-computer in making sawing decisions. Production of the system; How the system operates; Features of the system; Reason for the implementation of the International Research Institute...
- Machine forest. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;05/07/99, Issue 5137, p18
Previews some of the furniture manufacturing machinery to be displayed at the 1999 Ligna exhibition. Includes the Elite BKZ-TKZ sanding/sawing line from Boere; Profile machinery for furniture and parquet flooring from GMC; Leuco Oertli's cutting materials and designs for profile cutters and...
- Blade runners. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p26
Describes some of the advances in furniture cutting tools. Tool features; Capabilities; Blade characteristics.
- Sharp shooting. // Cabinet Maker;11/27/98, Issue 5116, p27
Offers tips for solving furniture cutting tool problems. Ensuring that all parts of the system are balanced accurately; Supporting of all materials being machined; Sharpening tips.
- Ferramentas diamantadas para usinagem de madeira. Fernandes, Jesum Alves; Casanova, Carlos Alberto Medeiros; Teixeira, Cleiton Rodrigues; Balzaretti, Naira Maria // Estudos TecnolÃ³gicos em Engenharia;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p55
The increase in productivity of the furniture industry requires high speed machining and cutting tools to support the high demands of the cutting process. Most of the cutting tools do not have appropriate characteristics and develop high wear on the wedge cut. The heterogeneous structure and...
- Producers keeping prices steady despite costs. // Furniture/Today;4/21/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on the efforts of case goods manufacturers in facing the challenges of price pressures in the U.S. in 2012. It also mentions the impact of the increase of oil prices to the costs of furniture materials. The initiative of case goods and upholstery resource Homelegance Inc. in...
- The right technology for the job. // Wood & Wood Products;May96, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p98
Features furniture making equipment from JDS. Features; Capabilities; Advantages.
- Edging to success. Hollyer, Tony // Cabinet Maker;11/14/97, Issue 5064, p25
Evaluates four edgebanding machines used in applying lipping to chipboard panels. Features of the IDM edgebanding line at William Ball, the Stefani Monomatics at Project Office Furniture, the hand-operated machines at EBM and Cehisa and the Casadei V30/10 edgebander; Typical user problems;...
- K208 has the edge at SCM's three day open house event. // Cabinet Maker;12/05/97, Issue 5067, p25
Features SCM's K208 single sided edgebander for furniture making. Application in wood veneer and plastics edging; Feed speed.