FIRA moves powder outside
- 2020 Vision plan. // Cabinet Maker;04/07/2000, Issue 5182, p6
Reports that FIRA will host a series of meetings in May 2000 to discuss the development of an action plan for the furniture trade.
- Furniture for dummies. // Cabinet Maker;12/13/2013, Issue 5865, p12
The article reports on the use of specially designed weighted dummies by testing house FIRA International Ltd. to help audit a recently introduced standard.
- Industry expert releases guide for suppliers. // Cabinet Maker;9/5/2014, Issue 5899, p6
The article reports on the release of the Best Practice Guide to Product Selection for the Furniture Supply Chain written by Tristine Hargreaves, standards and regulatory manager of furniture services provider FIRA International.
- FIRA to host environmental event. // Cabinet Maker;11/18/2011, Issue 5764, p12
The article reports on the plan of FIRA International Ltd. to present the findings of the Product Carbon Footprint Benchmarking Project which assesses the carbon impact of Great Britain's furniture industry at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens in Birmingham, England on December 6, 2011.
- Save money and time. // Cabinet Maker;9/26/2008, Issue 5607, p4
The article provides information on the course "Common Furniture Complaints and How They Can Be Avoided," to be conducted by Fira at its offices in Stevenage, England. Reducing operational costs is just one reason given by Fira for attending its course. Understanding the other parties viewpoint...
- The heart of the matter. // Cabinet Maker;5/7/2010, Issue 5686, p26
The article discusses the independent service technicians established by FIRA International Ltd. in Great Britain. Independent service technicians aim to resolve issues concerning customers' complain regarding the furniture they have bought. John Oliver, operations manager for Service...
- A good sport for the industry. // Cabinet Maker;9/21/2007, Issue 5556, p43
An interview with Geoff Covey, the marketing manager of FIRA in Great Britain, is presented. When asked about how and why he got into the furniture industry, he asserted that an agency contacted him about becoming the editor of the journal "Carpet & Flooring Review." He cited his job which...
- FISP IN BRIEF. // Cabinet Maker;11/1/2013, Issue 5859, p13
The article focuses on the Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme (FISP), audited by FIRA International, which aims to support and back the furniture industry's sustainable development.
- Put to the TEST. Reynolds, Phil // Cabinet Maker;7/30/2010, Issue 5698, p14
The article offers information on the Furniture Industry Research Association (FIRA) certification center in Hong Kong, China by the FIRA International Ltd. It presents that the cutting edge furniture testing facility of FIRA is to certify Hong Kong and Chinese furniture products of big and...