- Controlling the sky. Shepherdson, Nancy // Boys' Life;Jul95, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p40
Focuses on the job of Bob Stone as an air traffic controller. Guiding of pilots; Excitement of the job; Tracking of planes on radar; Direction for the President's airplane. INSET: Job facts..
- The Back Page. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;6/14/99, Vol. 258 Issue 11, p55
Reports developments related to industries around the globe. Discussions on the corporate information guide; Discussions on the fashion statement; Frustrations of the community against the lone air traffic controller.
- Air Transportation Occupations: Air Traffic Controllers. // Occupational Outlook Handbook;2010, p784
The article presents the job description of air traffic controllers in air transportation occupations in the U.S. It gives a description on the nature of work of air traffic controllers who work within the National Airspace System (NAS) to cooperate the air traffic movement to make sure that...
- Millennium facelift for Indian ATC. Mhatre, Kamlakar // Air Transport World;Mar2000, Vol. 37 Issue 3, p99
Offers a look at the air traffic control system in India. Air traffic control modernization program for the cities of Mumbai and Delhi; Increase in international aircraft movements in the country; Complaints of air traffic controllers about their treatment in the Airports Authority of India.
- Out-of-control tower. Smolowe, Jill; Donley, Michele // Time;2/19/1996, Vol. 147 Issue 8, p52
Looks at problems facing the United States' air-traffic control system. Antiquated and deteriorating equipment from the 1960s; Understaffed hub airports; The increasing number of aircraft near-misses; Air-traffic controllers tracing their troubles back to 1981, when President Ronald Reagan...
- Waypoints: Updates from international destinations. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Jun99, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p55
Reports on provisions to air traffic control (ATC) in various countries as of June 1999. Presence of more English-speaking controllers on duty at ATC services in Russia; Cabotage regulations in Mexico; Iran's opening up and current permission of overflights by aircraft registered in the United...
- Joint effort targets Chinese air safety. Proctor, Paul // Aviation Week & Space Technology;8/8/1994, Vol. 141 Issue 6, p50
Reports that American air traffic control specialists' had begun training lead controllers in China as part of a joint United States-China task force to improve air safety and capacity in China. Partners in the self-funded program; Focus on the improvement of the English of the top two...
- THE QUIZ. // IFR;Sep2015, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p14
A quiz concerning Air Traffic Control Handbook, JO 7110.65V is presented.
- Poland pursues ATC modernization. Nordwall, Bruce D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/20/1995, Vol. 142 Issue 8, p38
Focuses on Poland's efforts to modernize its air traffic control (ATC) system. Integration of the military and civil systems; Training for air traffic controllers; Genesis of Poland's ATC systems; Estimated cost of the modernization master plan; Upgrading of the mechanical and electrical systems...