Reserve components issued first total force `green' ID cards
- Change Accelerates Officer Promotion Board Results. Mazezka, Kelly; Gilstad, Claire J. // Officer;Nov98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on a procedure implemented in summer 1998 which allows United States Air Force Reserve Command officers to learn promotion board results earlier. Comments from Major John DeWitt of the Air Force secretariat; Authority of the secretary of the Air Force under the Reserve Officer Personnel...
- Reserve Line-Officer Major Selections Fall Short of Goal. Gilstad, Claire J. // Officer;Nov98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p17
Reveals that the United States Air Force Reserve selected fewer line officers than planned for promotion to major in 1999. Explanations from Air Force Reserve personnel officials; Requirement under the Reserve Officer Personnel Management Act; Steps taken to fix the error in the selection process.
- Reserve Doubles Enlisted Promotion Cycle. Flipse, Paul // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Apr2007, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p11
The article focuses on the approval of the changes in the promotion cycle from every other month to monthly by Lt. Gen. John A. Bradley, Air Force Reserve Command commander in U.S. A better opportunity to move up in the rank offered for the enlisted Air Force Reservists. The change was made to...
- Airman Update. // Airman;Feb2000, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p24
Presents updates on services and programs for United States Air Force service members as of February 2000. Transition Assistance Program; Military identification card; Assignment Opportunity System for reservists.
- Fellowship, other positions available. Gilstad, Claire J. // Officer;Jul98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Reports that the US Air Force Reserve Command is looking for officers to serve in the Capitol Hill Fellowship Program and on the Air Force Association Reserve Council. Number of majors and colonels needed; Requirements for interested applicants.
- USAFR 50th anniversary remembrances--July. Gilstad, Claire J. // Officer;Jul98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p40
Relates major events in the history of the US Air Force Reserve in conjunction with the celebration of the 50th anniversary of the group. Food-relief efforts in the Middle West on July 10, 1993; President Johnson's institution of an Operation Combat Leave in response to an airline strike on...
- Senior officer changes. Gilstad, Claire J. // Officer;Jul98, Vol. 74 Issue 6, p41
Focuses on the two officer changes in the US Air Force Reserve Command's (AFRC) unit program. Promotion of 541th Air Mobility Wing Commander Bruce M. Carskadon to mobilization assistant to the commander of Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center in Texas; Appointment of Headquarters AFRC's...
- Transforming Today for Advantage Tomorrow. Sherrard III, James E. // Officer;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p34
Explains the importance of the U.S. Air Force Reserves in meeting the worldwide commitments of the U.S. Air Force. Recruitment of reservists beyond targets; Deployment of volunteers during the military campaign against terror in Afghanistan; Establishment and retention of the U.S. Air Force's...
- Rodeo round-up. // Officer;Sep98, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the 24 awards garnered by US Air Force Reserve Command units at the `Rodeo '98' international airlift and tanker competition sponsored by Air Mobility Command at Scott Air Force Base held from June 21 to 26. Includes 349th Air Mobility Wing's eight awards; Awards won by the 446th...