Air force announces newest major selectees
- Generic enlisted career progression model. // Citizen Airman: The Official Magazine of the Air National Guard ;Dec99, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p3
Presents the promotion scheme for enlisted members of the United States Air Force as of December 1999. Includes Airman Basic; Senior Airman; Staff Sergeant; Technical Sergeant; Duties and responsibilities.
- New assignments are... // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/25/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 13, p17
Reports on the promotions of some of the United States Air Force's generals in the summer of 1996. Includes Lieutenant General Richard B. Myers; Lieutenant General Ralph E. Eberhart; Lieutenant General John P., Jumper.
- Hurlburt Field wellness center challenges people to climb 'Mt. Everest'. Illich Jr., Donald E. // Airman;Oct98, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p15
Features the Florida-based Hurlburt Field health and fitness center's Mount Everest challenge treadwall. Vertical distance; Staff Sergeant Steve Whitehead as program coordinator; Benefits of the program.
- Airman's World. Burnham, Rick; Parr, Amy; Bergmann, Ken // Airman;Oct2001, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p12
Presents an update on the United States Air Force as of October 2001. Promotion of former commander of Air Combat Command John P. Jumper to U.S. Air Force chief of staff; Increase in the number of Air Force fatalities; Information on the 30th annual Historic Homes Tour.
- DEAD END. Gershanoff, Hal // Journal of Electronic Defense;Nov2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p10
Discusses issues related to the United States Air Force's electronics warfare (EW) programs. Prerequisites for promotion in the armed forces; Manpower shortfalls in EW programs; Career-path outlook for uniformed EW professionals.
- TOWARD A SUPERIOR PROMOTION SYSTEM. Hopper, John // Air & Space Power Journal;Sept/Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p146
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Toward a Superior Promotion System" by Major Kyle Byard, Ben Malisow and Colonel Martin France in the July-August 2012 issue.
- TOWARD A SUPERIOR PROMOTION SYSTEM: THE AUTHORS REPLY. Byard, Kyle; Malisow, Ben; France, Martin E. B. // Air & Space Power Journal;Sept/Oct2012, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p149
A response from the authors of the article "Toward a Superior Promotion System," which discusses about the Officer Evaluation System in the U.S. Air Force, is presented.
- Promotional service. Asker, James R. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;12/4/1995, Vol. 143 Issue 23, p19
Reports on plans for more Air Force promotions in the United States if and when General Joseph W. Ralston moves up to the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Leading contenders; Available positions.
- CSAF Professional Reading Program. Fogleman, Ronald R. // Airpower Journal;Spring97, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p63
Provides information on the United States Chief of Staff of Air Force Professional Reading Program, a reading program for officers, enlisted members and civilians. Reason for developing the program; Information concerning the program; Procurement of books; Promotion of the program.