- WE RELY ON INSTANT-READ THERMOMETERS. // Gourmet;Jun2004, Vol. 64 Issue 6, p49
Offers tips on how cooks can determine if thermometers are accurate. Insertion of the probe into an ice slurry; Recalibration of thermometers; Ways in which cooking thermometers can be damage.
- Apparatus for realizing the ITS-90 in the temperature range from the triple point of argon to the melting point of gallium. Ya. Razhba; I. Razhba // Measurement Techniques;Nov2007, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p1165
AbstractÂ Â Systems for realizing the fixed points of the ITS-90 for calibrating column and capsule standard platinum thermometers, namely, the triple points of argon and mercury and the melting point of gallium, are constructed and investigated. The errors of the values of the metrological...
- PRODUCT SHOWCASE. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/13/2004, Vol. 38 Issue 50, p47
Presents food products and cookery supplies of interest to U.S. foodservice operators. Cast Polyethylene gloves from Tronex Industries; Tumaro's Gormet Tortillas; Five-layer chocolate cake added to Sweet Street Desserts' Big Line; Equal sweetener; Cambro's seal covers.
- News. // Restaurant Hospitality;May2004, Vol. 88 Issue 5, p146
This article offers information on food safety equipment and supplies. High-performing 100 percent dissolvable, biodegradable Store Food Rotation Labels from Cambro can improve accuracy and reduce food waste through proper labeling. New SuperStretch Vinyl Single-Use Gloves from Volk Protective...
- The pedigree of your equipment determines the companies you keep. Bensky, Gary // Nation's Restaurant News;9/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 38, p21
Focuses on the importance of cooking equipment in achieving the goals of food service. Factors producing excellent products for cooking; Instances where products failed to perform well in the market; Tips in looking at sophisticated equipment.
- THE EURO KITCHEN. // Nation's Restaurant News;10/09/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 41, SPECIAL SECTION p26
Reports on kitchen equipment trends for food service operators in Europe as of October 9, 2000. Increase of demand for the central island stove; Application of magnetic induction in cooking; Versatility of steam ovens for restaurants with open kitchens.
- BUYER'S GUIDE 2008. // Foodservice & Hospitality;Apr2008, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p31
The article lists Canadian companies in the food service industry separated into various categories including food, equipment and supplies.
- A Hot Link To Safer Food. // Restaurant Hospitality;Sep2000, Vol. 84 Issue 9, p108
Features the Temp Trak, a wireless food temperature food monitor system from Norm Faiola. How the system works; Benefits of the system; Other products of Faiola. INSETS: TRULY USEFUL WEB SITES;Beep! I'm Empty.
- Best Practices for IR Thermometer Use. Menchine, Will // Food Management;Mar2005, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p82
Discusses the several considerations before using infrared thermometers (IRT) to manage food safety. Advantages of IRT over traditional temperature measuring equipment; Instructions in using IRT for measuring the temperature of wrapped items; Safety considerations in the use of IRT. INSET:...