- Long Live Lunch! Rzepka, Kate // Private Label Buyer;Jun2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p40
The article discusses the convenience trends when it comes to lunch foods in the U.S. Consumers want pre-packaged food that are ready-to-eat and can be kept or taken along wherever they go. Single-serve fruit and nut cups are also becoming popular. Other items include granola snack bars, instant...
- Over Easy on a Stick. // National Geographic World;Mar2000, Issue 295, p5
Features IncRedibles, a brand of microwavable fast food packaged in tubes. How to prepare; Examples of meals.
- Venting the pressure. // Food Manufacture;Jan2004, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p19
Features the pre-applied valve lidding system for microwave ready meals using heat-sensitive materials to manage in-pack pressure during the steam cooking process. Other advantages of the system.
- Kepak aims to knock micro-snacking market for 6. // Convenience Store;11/7/2014, p54
The article reports on Kepak Convenience Foods' launch of the Rustlers Super 6 line of microwaveable snacks.
- Fast food. GARRISON, BOB // Food Engineering;Jan2011 Supplement, Vol. 83, p18
The article reports that an increasing number of Americans are using their microwaves to help prepare meals. Tim Bohrer, founder of Pac Advantage Consulting LLC, comments on how microwave packaging technology is keeping up with consumer demand for fast and convenient food. He discusses microwave...
- A global wave. // Food & Drink Technology;Feb2004, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p28
Focuses on trends in packaging microwaveable food in the United States and other parts of the world. Popularity of convenience foods; Appeal of microwave ready meals to consumers; Percentage of the British population who are microwave owners; Emergence of a trend in microwave foods in Europe in...
- healthy food on the run. Pepper, Leslie // Baby Talk;Jun/Jul2005, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p70
Presents information on some convenience foods suitable for new mothers. Microwave foods from Ready Pac; Cracker Barrel Cheese Sticks; Horizon Organic Single Serving Milks.
- NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INSIGHT. Fullwood, Jan // Food Manufacture;Aug2001, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p17
Reports on the increase in the demands for fast food and microwave meals in Great Britain. History and development of domestic microwave ovens; Considerations in developing microwave meals; Recommendations to standardize discrepancies in the use of microwave ovens by the British Retail Consortium.
- Ounce of Prevention. Volpe, Tina // Personal Excellence Essentials;Dec2005, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p10
The article warns people against the ill effects of microwaveable and drive-through fast-foods. People are becoming sick with the rise of microwaved meals and fast foods. Most of these foods are loaded with saturated fats, trans-fats and chemicals with little food value or benefit to the human...