PORK IT OVER
- Back on the menu. Alexis, Jennifer // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p54
Reports on the efforts of food service directors and chefs in the U.S. to take advantage of pork's versatility in order to add variety to their menus. Reputation of pork in the country; Popularity of pork dishes at the University of Rhode Island in Kingston; Statement from Steven Thomas,...
- Days of the dog. Gyton, Georgi // Meat Trades Journal;10/24/2014, p17
The article presents information on the popularity of sausages in food market. It states that the sausage sector is innovating itself as the shopping habits of consumers keeps changing. It also mentions about various food joints like Bubbledogs in Fitzrovia, London, England and their offerings...
- SAUSAGE EVOLVES WITH THE TIMES. // National Provisioner;Feb2005, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p10
The article presents information about the use of sausages in the U.S. food industry. Sausages are increasingly available in pre-cooked form for preparation in a matter of seconds--and as an ingredient in heat-and-serve meal solutions for various dayparts. Dinner sausages are enjoying...
- a time for CHANGE. // National Provisioner;Feb2005, Vol. 219 Issue 2, p14
The article presents information about the growth of breakfast and dinner sausages in the U.S. food industry. Breakfast sausage includes a greater range of products than in the past, when chubs and links with fairly limited seasonings were the primary form at the retail level. The combined...
- The Quality Challenge. Miller, Dale // National Hog Farmer;1/15/2004, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p8
Shares an author's view concerning the pork industry in the U.S. Factors causing pork sales to sag; Percentage of the average backfat trimmed on pork in the market; Leading factors held accountable for the pale, soft and exudate pork.
- ZRÃ“Å»NICOWANIE WYBRANYCH WYRÃ“Å»NIKÃ“W JAKOÅšCI MIÄ˜SA ÅšWIÅƒ Z TUCZU UKIERUNKOWANEGO I STANDARDOWEGO. WYNIKI WSTÄ˜PNE. Guzek, Dominika; Wojtasik-Kalinowska, Iwona; Wierzbicka, Agnieszka; Głąbska, Dominika // Engineering Sciences & Technologies / Nauki Inzynierskie i Techn;2013, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p50
The analysed material was pork meat from animals produced in quality system. On the loin cross-section, content of intramuscular fat and visible connective tissue using computer image analysis were determined. There was no statistically significant influence of the tested animal on intramuscular...
- Farmland Foodservice offers three new pork cuts. // National Provisioner;May2014, Vol. 228 Issue 5, p31
The article offers information on new pork cuts including the Flat Iron Pork, the Pork Medallions and the Cheek Meat from Farmland Foodservice.
- THE SCIENCE BEHIND THE CUTS. // Agri Marketing;Jun2007, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p45
The article reports on the Porcine Muscle Profiling Study which examined the sensory, chemical and physical characteristics of individual muscles in pork legs and shoulders. The study found that there were non-traditional cuts that were economically feasible from underused parts of the hog, and...
- CARGILL MEXICAN STEAK. // Restaurant Business;5/1/2004, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p56
This article presents information regarding Cargill Inc.'s new El Carnicero Moderno portion-cut beef, pork, and chicken products offer authentic Hispanic taste. The article also provides photograph of the food products.