NEARLY ALL CATEGORIES GAIN: Index records 4th increase this year
- Prices jumped 2.11%. // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p106
Reports on the increase in prices of meat, poultry, and other commodities in the United States during the third quarter of 1998. Beef and pork production; Chicken and turkey production; Drop in prices for seafood, frozen foods, canned foods and produce; Processing of frozen peas, green beans,...
- FOOD FILE. Burch, Ian // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/19/2005, Vol. 194 Issue 4375, p24
Presents an update on the food industry and trade in Great Britain as of May 2005. Status of lamb meat prices; Price and quality of apricots and cherry; Effects of variable weather conditions on fish prices.
- ANÃLISIS Y DIAGNÃ“STICO DE LOS SISTEMAS DE PRODUCCIÃ“N OVINA EN EL SURESTE ESPAÃ‘OL. Marín-Bernal, A. M.; Navarro-Ríos, M. J. // Archivos de Zootecnia;2014, Vol. 63 Issue 243, p519
This study analyzes the current situation of the sheep meat industry in the geographical area of the IGP (Protected Geographical Indication) Cordero SegureÃ±o. We present the descriptive results of the 93 surveys that analyze the strengths and weaknesses that presents the current situation of...
- MLC needs a rethink on promotion and levy use. Long, Jonathan; Buss, Jessica // Farmers Weekly;11/1/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p31
Focuses on the need for the Meat and Livestock Commission (MLC) to reassess the way it spends levies and promotes meat from Great Britain. Role played by the MLC in promoting meat to consumers; Percentage of self-sufficiency of Great Britain in beef; Vision of Grant Mackie, chief executive of...
- Foodfileâ€¦ingredients in season. Bignold, Dan // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;8/24/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4439, p45
The article presents an update on the food industry as of August 2006. Prices for specialty salad leaves from France and Spain become expensive due to hot weather. Supply for tuna has declined due to the continuing difficulties of systems at the airports. The meat trade is still fairly steady,...
- Growing pains. Young-Huguenin, Barbara // National Provisioner;Mar95, Vol. 209 Issue 3, p32
Reports on economic trends in the food industry and trade as of October 1995 as surveyed by the `National Provision' periodical. Rate of success at the retail level; Consumer consumption patterns; Prices.
- KEY INDICATORS. // Food Manufacture;May2000, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p35
Presents charts and graphs showing statistics for the food industry in Great Britain as of April 2000. Prices of field crops; Utilities and packaging; Aluminum; Potato market.
- Food prices. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;1/10/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4204, p62
Presents charts on food prices in England as of January 7, 2002. Prices per kilogram of beef; Prices of class 1 salads; Prices per kilogram of fresh fish.
- Protein Prices are Relatively Stable Compared to Produce. // Food Management;Jun2001, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p60
Reports on the prices of food commodities in the United States, as of April 2001. Products with stable prices; Categories expected to have lower prices.