'ABUNDANT' FFV PROMPTS BUY
- Agency To Stop Providing â€˜Bonusâ€™ Flour to Schools for Free. Flax, Ellen // Education Week;5/6/1992, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p20
The article reports on the decision by the U.S. Department of Agriculture to eliminate flour as a bonus commodity item to schools in 1993. The department will end its ten-year old policy of providing bonus flour to schools free of charge. However, schools will still be able to purchase flour as...
- A Good First Step, But What's Next? Stoessel, Eric // Food Management;Jun2014, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p6
The author reflects on issues related to school foodservice programs in the U.S. He mentions the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act as well as the move of the School Nutrition Association to urge the Congress to include language in the Fiscal Year 2015 Appropriations Bill to offer more flexibility...
- Summer Feeding Programs. // Digest (South Dakota Dietetic Association);May2015, p3
The article focuses on the Summer Food Service Program, the program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) that aims to provide low income children nutritious meals when not in school session in South Dakota. Topics discussed include the plight of the program for support for its summer...
- GETTING TOUGHER: New AMS beef specs to take effect. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p46
Reports on the additional specification requirements for ground beef items of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for school lunch and other domestic programs. Interest of students in the Fruit and Vegetable Pilot Program of the USDA; Details on the turkey and turkey products programs for...
- $300 MILLION FOR LUNCHES ABROAD: Intl. school meal proposal chills. // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on a proposal of the United States Department of Agriculture to offer an international school meal program. Reaction of Congressional Republicans to the plan; Cost of implementing the program; Support received by the plan.
- FEDS CALL FOR CRACKDOWN: USDA takes a harder line on school lunch eligibility. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p18
Focuses on letters from the United States Department of Agriculture to food service directors and school superintendents regarding school lunch eligibility.
- Feed the Children. Lamson, K. Elizabeth // Education Digest;Nov1956, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p30
This article focuses on school lunch and special-milk programs for children in schools in the U.S. Federal funds have given impetus to the expansion of school food service and have established a nutritional meal standard to meet the needs of growing children. The Department of Agriculture...
- Summer Food Service Sites and Avg. Daily Participation, 2001-2013. // Food Management;Sep2014, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p12
The article informs that the Summer Food Service Program of the U.S. Department of Agriculture offers nutritious meals and snacks to children in low-income areas in the U.S. during summer season along with a statistics depicting the meals and snacks served to children from 2001 to 2013.
- Aramark Rolls out KG Dining Platform. // Food Management;Feb2009, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p8
The article reports that Aramark Education has started its new Cool*Caf elementary school dining environment in 60 sites in January 2009, which is reportedly a major initiative to update and improve K-6 dining. It is stated that there have been pressures to increase the nutrition quality of...