VALUES, BENEFITS & IDEAS: FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Newly in season. Marcus, Mary Brophus // U.S. News & World Report;02/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p78
Focuses on the development of extended growing seasons for some products in the United States. Fruits and vegetables available for longer seasons; Mention of grapes, apricots, and several types of berries.
- SOUTH AMERICA. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/23/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4827, p80
The article provides information on South American fruit and vegetables. It includes tomatillo, yuca root or cassava, granadilla, plantain, prickly pear and Aztec sweet mint. It mentions the popularity of South American cuisine and provides a description of these crops and ways to use these...
- A Taste of Autumn. // Food Management;Oct2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p68
The article provides information on the seasonal ingredients of autumn fruits and vegetables coming into season. The apples, nuts, pumpkins and pear are ripe for picking. An apple and pear streusel pie, maple-glazed pumpkin coffee cake or savory cheddar cheese corn muffins. For sweeter treats,...
- Clean your greens. Maher, Denise // Self;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p87
Offers advice to women on how to clean fruits and vegetables. Rinsing all products with cool water right before serving; Advice against using dish soap in washing fruits and vegetables; Discarding outer layers of leafy vegetables.
- Bright Colors for Better Women's Health. // Tennessee Tribune;10/14/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p11B
The article reports that fruits and vegetables having vibrant colors give health benefits to women including breast and ovarian health.
- Supported by Bidvest : Market Intelligence. // Food Service;Jun2009, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p16
The article offers information on various fruits, vegetables and other food products that are currently in season in New Zealand. Several fruits in season are cited, including feijoas, mandarins, passionfruit and strawberries. The different vegetables available in the country are highlighted,...
- Fresh produce news. Fox, Tessa // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/7/2002, Vol. 191 Issue 4208, p55
Presents news briefs related to food crops as of February 7, 2002. Decrease in the supply of salads and vegetables from Mediterranean countries due to freezing temperature; Information on citrus fruits; Description of globe artichokes from Spain.
- Perception is Reality. Jones, Richard // American Vegetable Grower;Apr2005, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p54
Comments on the nutrients found in fruits and vegetables. Factors contributing to the decreased nutrients found in fruits, vegetables and soil; Actions taken by the Alliance for Food and Farming concerning the issue.
- Crack the color code. // Men's Health;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p50
The article presents information on the importance of the pigments of vegetables and fruits to identifying their nutritional value. Fruits with green pigment such as honeydew protect bones, teeth and eyesight. On the other hand, produce with red pigment such as strawberries help prevent...