VALUES, BENEFITS & IDEAS: FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
- Newly in season. Marcus, Mary Brophus // U.S. News & World Report;02/16/98, Vol. 124 Issue 6, p78
Focuses on the development of extended growing seasons for some products in the United States. Fruits and vegetables available for longer seasons; Mention of grapes, apricots, and several types of berries.
- SOUTH AMERICA. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;5/23/2014, Vol. 203 Issue 4827, p80
The article provides information on South American fruit and vegetables. It includes tomatillo, yuca root or cassava, granadilla, plantain, prickly pear and Aztec sweet mint. It mentions the popularity of South American cuisine and provides a description of these crops and ways to use these...
- A Taste of Autumn. // Food Management;Oct2006, Vol. 41 Issue 11, p68
The article provides information on the seasonal ingredients of autumn fruits and vegetables coming into season. The apples, nuts, pumpkins and pear are ripe for picking. An apple and pear streusel pie, maple-glazed pumpkin coffee cake or savory cheddar cheese corn muffins. For sweeter treats,...
- Clean your greens. Maher, Denise // Self;Feb2003, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p87
Offers advice to women on how to clean fruits and vegetables. Rinsing all products with cool water right before serving; Advice against using dish soap in washing fruits and vegetables; Discarding outer layers of leafy vegetables.
- Bright Colors for Better Women's Health. // Tennessee Tribune;10/14/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p11B
The article reports that fruits and vegetables having vibrant colors give health benefits to women including breast and ovarian health.
- Supported by Bidvest : Market Intelligence. // Food Service;Jun2009, Vol. 7 Issue 5, p16
The article offers information on various fruits, vegetables and other food products that are currently in season in New Zealand. Several fruits in season are cited, including feijoas, mandarins, passionfruit and strawberries. The different vegetables available in the country are highlighted,...
- Fortify your diet with canned foods. // Prepared Foods;Jan98, Vol. 167 Issue 1, p39
States that according to a study carried out by the Department of Food Science at the University of Illinois, canned fruits and vegetables are comparable and sometimes exceeds fresh or frozen produce in nutritional value. Methods and findings of the study; Where the results of the study are...
- Fresh produce. // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/9/2006, Vol. 196 Issue 4411, p90
The article provides information on vegetables and fruits that are harvested during the Summer season. There are some peas and broad beans coming through from Morocco already, and supply will soon switch to Spain. Purple sprouting broccoli is also in full swing and will be good until May, when...
- The Sexual Politics of MEAT. ADAMS, CAROL // Heresies;1987, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p51
The article focuses on meat which symbolizes male dominance in the society. It indicates that dietary habits proclaim class distinctions and patriarchal distinction as well. It stresses that women are more likely eating vegetables and fruits and grains and offering men the best foods at the...