THE CONVENIENCE FACTOR
- MARKET MATTERS. // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p6
Presents news briefs on the food industry in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Operational status of the convenience store, Village Store, at the University of San Diego in California; Popularity of vegetarian foods among college students; Foodservice management contract signed by Tiffin...
- Ball State to open renovated dining hall. // Food Management;Jul97, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p20
Describes the new `food mall' at the Noyer Centre Dining Hall on the Ball State University campus. Installation of a salad bar, soup station and grill station; Homestyle food concept.
- 54% AT UNIV.-NEW HAMPSHIRE: C-store boosts campus retail. // FoodService Director;7/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the opening of the Philbrook Cafe, a cafe-convenience store, at the University of New Hampshire. Estimated sales per day of the cafe; National and in-house brands serving at the store; Cost Construction cost of the store; Features of the cafe-convenience store.
- Still growing on-campus. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;10/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p78
Focuses on convenience-store (c-store) retailing at several colleges and universities in the United States. Combination c-store coffee shop at the College of the Holy Cross' Worcester, Massachusetts campus; Merchandising strategies of c-stores located within the University of Tennessee's...
- Cafeterias/food service areas. // American School & University;Aug98, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p78
Focuses on the design of the Noyer Centre, a food service facility at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. Service areas; Building renovation; Accommodation; Menu options.
- New Dining Hall For Ball State. // FoodService Director;9/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p16
The article announces the August 15, 2007 opening of Ball State University's state-of-the-art Woodworth Dining Hall in Muncie, Indiana. John Lewis, Ball State's foodservice director stated that with a modern aesthetic and 100% display cooking, it is one of the best looking marketplaces in the...
- East Meets Mex. Lang, Joan // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p42
This article focuses on the renovated Woodworth Commons food emporium at the Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. The new Woodworth Commons features a grill, pizza and Italian station, deli, patisserie and Comfort Zone for down-home cooking. The director of the campus dining services also...
- Today's Special. // Fare Magazine;Jun/Jul2012, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p55
The article highlights the traffic growth for c-stores in colleges and universities as consumers are continuously snacking as well as a shifting of day-parts as reflected in the chicken category.
- Vanderbilt's Mega C-Store. // FoodService Director;11/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p16
Features the Varsity Beach--A Munchi Mart, a late-night convenience store with mini foodcourt and a coffeehouse at the Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. Schedule of operations; Number of customers daily; Late-night snacking options; Food and non-food items; Prices of items;...