DEBIT CARD SPURS SALES
- Food branding in hospitals: Linking quality to the menuboard. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97 Supplement, Vol. 10, p20s
Reports on the inclusion of food brands in hospitals' menu fare. Medface Menu Marketing's branded menu concept; Link between the concept and the Medfare Alliance of Food Manufacturers; Savings resulting from item branding; Food branding at William Backus Hospital in Norwich, Connecticut.
- Colour-coding and rearranging food products improves healthy choices in hospital cafeteria. // Food Engineering & Ingredients;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses a report from the Massachusetts General Hospital which reveals that a simple programme that involves colour-coded food labelling and adjusting the way food items are positioned in display cases was successful in encouraging more healthy food choices in a hospital cafeteria.
- Hospital seeking local producers. Watts, Andrew // Farmers Weekly;3/14/2008, p43
The article reports that the North Derbyshire hospital is seeking local food producers and suppliers from within the region as part of a bid to provide patients, visitors and staff with high-quality food that is sourced locally. The proposals also back the trust's pledge to support North...
- FOR MORE ACCURATE MEAL COUNTS: Solucient adopts HFM method. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the agreement of the National Society for Healthcare Food Service Management (HFM) and healthcare business information supplier Solucient to utilize average cash cafe transactions as the basis for standardized reporting and benchmarking of food service in acute-care facilities in the...
- NEARLY HALF ON-CAMPUS: Take-out surpasses 25% of sales. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p39
Reports on the increased sales of take-out food services at schools and healthcare facilities in the U.S., as of June 2003. Definition of take-out foods; Evidences that illustrate the popularity of take-out foods; Average take-out checks that are bouncing back.
- Patients rewarded. ELAN, ELISSA // Nation's Restaurant News;1/28/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 4, p50
The article reports on changes in the way hospitals operate their food service business. Hospital food services are serving retail-oriented offerings ranging from pizza to panini sandwiches to sushi. According to the article, hospitals are attracting patients and customers to their facilities...
- It Was 30 Years Ago (Part II). Lawn, John // Food Management;Oct2002, Vol. 37 Issue 10, p6
The article focuses on the significance of onsite food service. The growing financial sophistication of many independent hospitals has made it more difficult to argue that outsourcing food services is in bestinterests. The prediction that non-patient feeding would grow to become the biggest part...
- Hospitals: Beyond the Patient. // FoodService Director;6/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p82
The article highlights the results of the survey conducted by "FoodService Director" on hospital food service. Non-patient meals now account for a larger portion of hospitals' foodservice programs than patient feeding. The average check for cash operations was $3.61. Daily census at the top 100...
- Non-Patient Service Rules. // FoodService Director;7/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p46
Statistical data on U.S. hospital food services are presented, including the percentage of hospitals that run their own food service department, raw food cost., and percentage of hospitals offering vending services.