- Diversity at work: Welfare recipients. Papiernik, Richard L. // Nation's Restaurant News;05/24/99, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p238
Focuses on employment of teenagers in the food service industry in the United States. Restaurant companies with teenagers among their work force.
- 20% working limit: Pending act to loosen some teen resrictions. // FoodService Director;09/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p32
Reports how foodservice operators in the United States will have more flexibility in assigning delivery tasks to teenage employees under the proposed legislation Drive for Teen Employment. Provisions of the law.
- Schools still in food fight. // FoodService Director;6/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p33
Discusses the results of the annual School Industry Census Report conducted by "FoodService Director" in 2003. Total food purchases; Percentage of school food service directors that reported some level of funding cutbacks for the 2003-2004 school year; Trend in school food service.
- NEARLY HALF ON-CAMPUS: Take-out surpasses 25% of sales. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p39
Reports on the increased sales of take-out food services at schools and healthcare facilities in the U.S., as of June 2003. Definition of take-out foods; Evidences that illustrate the popularity of take-out foods; Average take-out checks that are bouncing back.
- MORE THAN JUST ALPHABET SOUP: PROFESSIONAL CREDENTIALS. Stephenson, Susie // FoodService Director;2/15/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p100
Presents information on credentialing, certification and recognition programs of several food service organizations in the U.S. Details of the American School Food Service Association's main programs; Number of levels of recognition from the American Society of Healthcare Food Service...
- Chapter Five: Where the Job Can Lead. Quinlan, Kathryn A. // Food Service Manager;1999, p36
This chapter describes the opportunities for advancement in the food service management industry. Food service managers advance as they gain experience. Managers can advance by taking jobs with larger dining places, or may oversee several hospitals, schools or restaurants at one time. Large...
- FSD Goes To…Washington, D.C. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;3/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p30
In this article, the author chronicles the experience of the staff of the journal "Food Service Director" in exploring innovations in the food service industry in the Washington, D.C. area. The author begins with the food service provided to the House of Representative. She describes the menus...
- Survivor. Schilling, Becky // FoodService Director;5/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p35
The article features Pat Farris, director of school food services at the Archdiocese of New Orleans. Pat's devotion to the community that she serves is said to be the driving force behind her 28-years success in the foodservice industry. She explained how she got into the field of foodservice,...
- THE BIG PICTURE. // FoodService Director;12/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 12, p12
The article focuses on the result of the journal's The Big Picture research project about the menus, operations, and employees of food operators in colleges and universities, schools, and hospitals in the U.S. It provides overview of the menu trends of food operators, who they feel about social...