AFTER BUDGET PASSES: Child nutrition advocates push for congress to act
- WITH ASFSA SUPPORT: Hill briefs Ag. Comm. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p80
Deals with the support given by the members of the American School Food Service Association (ASFSA) on its president, Martha Hill during a testimony before the United States (US) Senate Agriculture Committee. Information on the William F. Goodling Child Nutrition Reauthorization Act of 1998;...
- Senate Adds $525M in Charter School Grants to Bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/14/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31160, p4
Reports on the United States Senate's addition of 525 million dollars in charter school grants to bill. Private financing for facilities and start-up costs.
- Senators get the real three squares deal. Bontz, Rita // Overdrive;Feb98, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p20
Cites an article in `Money' magazine detailing the results of the US General Accounting Office audit which found the Senate dining facilities lost $1 million or $20,000 per senator in 1997. Menu prices for Senators at the dining facilities; Significance for the public.
- CASH-FLOW PLAGUES SENATE RESTS. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the cash flow problem of the U.S. Senate federally subsidized dining facilities, as of June 2003. Percentage decrease of the sales of the facilities according to the U.S. General Accounting Office; Suggestion to remedy the problem; Estimated amount of unpaid meals by former senators...
- Senate cafeterias are still running hefty f/s deficit. // FoodService Director;09/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p26
Details an independent audit of the Senate Restaurants' Revolving Fund which revealed a continuing cumulative deficit of $2.6 million from food service operations. Factors cited as the cause of the deficit; Comments from auditing firm KPMG Peat Marwick on the issue.
- Study Puts BPA in Plastics Under New Scrutiny. // Environmental Nutrition;Sep2009, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p3
The article reports on the growing exposure of foods and drinks to bisphenol A (BPA) in the U.S. It states that there is growing a concern regarding the use of plastics created from BPA due to the findings of the Harvard study. The House of Representatives and Senate leaders have already...
- House, Senate panels vote to create board to oversee D.C. schools. Portner, Jessica // Education Week;9/27/95, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p19
Reports on the Senate Appropriations Committee's formation of an oversight panel to run Washington, D.C. public schools. Number of students in the Washington, D.C school district; Comments of school superintendent, Franklin L. Smith; Implication of the move for the authority of the district's...
- School Colors. Kramer, Diane // Texas Observer: A Journal of Free Voices;Mar2013, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p1
Several letters to the editors are presented including one in response to an article "The School to Prison Pipeline," in a February 2013 issue, second in response to an article "At Senate Hearing, Donna Campbell Misses A Link or Two," in February 11, 2013 issue and another in response to "Bad...
- Senate Closes IDEA School Gun Loophole. // Human Events;06/04/99, Vol. 55 Issue 21, p23
Focuses on an amendment to the Juvenile Justice bill passed by the United States Senate that changes the law covering special education students who bring bombs and guns to school. Sponsor of the legislation; Importance of the amendment; Legislators for and against the legislation.