WITH DISPLAY COOK FOCUS: Mercer U. doubles sales with new Fresh Food Co
- AS GROWTH ACCELERATES: Campuses Keep Contracting in Daily Perspective. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p22
Discusses the growth of contractor presence at universities and college campuses in the United States. Percentage of overall contract penetration on campuses; Effects regarding the shift from straight-line cafeterias to foodcourts; List of colleges and universities switching to contract...
- ITS 'BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT': Grab-n-go boosts check at USC Marketplace. // FoodService Director;8/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the sales of the University of Southern California's Plaza Marketplace cafeteria. Benefits of the cafeteria to the university; Background on the concept of the cafeteria; Features of the cafeteria.
- Fancy Colors. // FoodService Director;10/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 10, p36
This article describes the renovated Murray-Aikins cafeteria at the Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, New York. The renovation project was valued at nearly $10 million. Eight serving stations, designed in a circular pattern around the kitchen and fronting a 600-seat dining space, offer both...
- Vegetarian On-the-Go. // FoodService Director;06/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p93
Reports the growth trend and profitability of vegetarian entrees on non-commercial cafeteria menus in the United States. Percentage of hospitals that serve vegetarian entrees; Number of school lunchrooms that serve vegetable dishes; Variety of vegetarian entrees served at Indiana University...
- UNC Dining Allows Kids to Eat for Reduced Rate. // Food Management Exclusive Insight;11/24/2014, p3
The article reports on the child meal plans offered by the Top of Lenoir and Rams Head dining halls of the University of North Carolina campus as reported by the "Daily Tar Heel."
- EARTH DAY DEBUT: New Toyota cafe goes 'green'. // FoodService Director;5/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the South Side Cafe, an employee cafeteria launched by Toyota Motor Sales USA campus in Torrance, California. Features; Dishes served.
- WITH BETTER PRODUCT MIX: U-CHICAGO SALES SOAR. // FoodService Director;3/15/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p10
Reports on the increased check average and sales at the campus food service facilities of the University of Chicago in Illinois with the debut of concepts and product mixes. Renovation of the Hutch Commons food court; Changes made in the grab-and-go menu program; Amount of sales and check...
- Cost of Meal Plans Taxed. // Magna's Campus Legal Monthly;Mar2006, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p4
Focuses on the decision by the Mississippi state tax commission to cancel the tax exemption placed upon college meal plans in the state. Reason for the decision by the tax commission; Percentage of sales tax that students must pay for meal plans; Implications of the policy change for students,...
- DELI GROWS IN CAMPUS REC CENTER. // FoodService Director;10/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p6
Provides information on a deli called Sidelines opened by the food service team at the University of North Texas in Denton in August 2003. Sales performance of the deli; Types of sandwiches served at Sidelines; Other food items offered at the deli.