- FOR MORE ACCURATE MEAL COUNTS: Solucient adopts HFM method. // FoodService Director;6/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p10
Reports on the agreement of the National Society for Healthcare Food Service Management (HFM) and healthcare business information supplier Solucient to utilize average cash cafe transactions as the basis for standardized reporting and benchmarking of food service in acute-care facilities in the...
- New Idea Pops Up for UConn Catering. STOESSEL, ERIC // Food Management;Apr2014, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on the $3 million sales of the University of Connecticut (UConn) catering departments to more than 4,900 events in 2014. It states the school's idea on having a pop-up dinner that came from Dennis Pierce, UConn's director of Dining Services, inspired from commercial...
- HFM and Solucient Create a Strategic benchmarking Alliance. // Food Management;Jul2003, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p12
Reports on a strategic alliance between Evanston, Illinois-based Solucient LLC and Washington D.C.-based Healthcare Food Service Management. Plans of organizations to adopt and promote a single hospital food service benchmarking methodology; Emphasis of organizations on cash cafe transactions;...
- Pierce moves up. // FoodService Director;7/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p1
Presents an update on personnel changes at college and university food service in the U.S. as of July 2005. Appointment of Dennis Pierce at the University of Connecticut in Storrs; Designation of Pete Napolitano at the State University of New York in Cobleskill.
- Best Concept Winners Honored at MUFSO. // Food Management;Nov2014, Vol. 49 Issue 11, p8
The article discusses the Multi-Unit Food Service Operators (MUFSO) conference hosted by Penton Restaurant Group held in Dallas in October 2014. Topics include organization of celebratory and collegial events while providing educational sessions on food services, distribution of the Golden Chain...
- His Own Man. // FoodService Director;2/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p34
The article features Dennis Pierce, food service director of the University of Connecticut's Dining Services program. Since 2006, he has begun reorganizing the department to give it a greater culinary focus and to better provide for the needs of Dining Services employees. Renovations have...
- DOLLARS & CENTS IN HIGHER ED: Campus fdsvc.
directors juggle finances with student demands. // FoodService Director;12/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p10
Presents an interview with several U.S. college and university food service directors on foodservice in higher education. Dennis Pierce at the University of Connecticut; Helen Wechsler at Boston College; Greg Hopkins at Ohio University.
- Tapping Into The Spa. // FoodService Director;12/15/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p14
An interview with Dennis Pierce, director of dining services at The University of Connecticut in Storrs, Connecticut is presented. He details the process his team goes through to create a line of healthful packaged items called Spa Foods. He relates that the process of developing the retail...
- A '100 Top Hospitals' addendum. // Modern Healthcare;4/14/2003, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p31
Presents an updated list of the top 100 hospitals for 2001 in the U.S. by the company Solucient. Two overriding factors for publishing the addendum; Comments from Gary Pickens, chief research officer of Solucient, on the list; Significance of the 100 top hospitals list.