California Pounching on Favorable Rates With $1.7B GO Deal
- Bid Side Quoted 5 Basis Points Lower As $737M of N.J. Turnpike Debt Sells. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/26/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31665, p2
The bid side in municipals was quoted roughly five basis points lower in late trading on June 25, 2003, while in the new-issue market underwriters priced $737 million of New Jersey Turnpike Authority taxable revenue bonds. Scott Anderson, senior economist at Wells Fargo Bank, said the Federal...
- Thursday's Data. // Bondbuyer.com;4/2/2015, p1
GovernmentSecurities Prices 10-year: 100 26/32 to yield 1.91, down 12/3230-year: 99 12/32 to yield 2.53, down 17/32 Municipal BondIndex 126 24/32, down 5/32 The Bond Buyer's30-Day VisibleSupply (as of 04/06) Total: $10.007 billion, down $1.644 billionCompetitive: $3.529 billion, down $161.4...
- Cold Turkey: Muni Market Will See Little Action Thanksgiving Week. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron // Bond Buyer;11/23/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34414, p30
The article reports on the lowest amount of municipal bond issuance in a single week for 2015 as the November 26, 2015 Thanksgiving Day approaches. Topics include the estimated 784 million U.S-dollar issuance with only one deal greater than 100 million during the week, the issuances making up...
- Munis Slightly Weaker on Data's Mixed Signals. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/3/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32501, p2
The article provides updates on the economic performance of the bond market in the U.S. as of November 2, 2006. According to traders, the market was weaker by about two basis points. The yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note was quoted at 4.59% and the yield on the two-year note finished...
- Market Post: $7.9B Volume's Impact Will Be Minimal, Traders Said. Flynn, Hillary // Bondbuyer.com;11/17/2014, p1
The pick-up in volume will not have a large impact on trading this week, investors said.
- Calendar. // Bond Buyer;3/24/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32346, p13
The article presents a list of government securities issued in the U.S. including one from the Vermont State Treasurer, State of Florida, and Commonwealth of Kentucky.
- Record cat bond year may signal future growth. LERNER, MATTHEW // Business Insurance;1/5/2015, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p0003
The article reports on a record issuance of property/casualty catastrophe bonds in the U.S. in 2014. Topics covered include a bullish mood about the prospects of the alternative risk transfer market for 2015 and beyond, the belief by market observers that the market's strong performance could...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p28
Presents a listing of results of negotiated sales of bonds by U.S. states as of November 21, 2005.
- The Bond Buyer Indexes Finish Little Changed Following. Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/16/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32280, p40
The article reports that Bond Buyer's yield indexes were little changed for the week. The technical losses of late last week were reversed by a market rally on Wednesday following the Federal Open Market Committee's (FOMC) suggestion that the federal funds rate had reached a neutral level. The...