- Bid Side Quoted 5 Basis Points Lower As $737M of N.J. Turnpike Debt Sells. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;6/26/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31665, p2
The bid side in municipals was quoted roughly five basis points lower in late trading on June 25, 2003, while in the new-issue market underwriters priced $737 million of New Jersey Turnpike Authority taxable revenue bonds. Scott Anderson, senior economist at Wells Fargo Bank, said the Federal...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Bond Buyer;11/14/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31513, p2
Presents several news items related to bond market in the U.S. as of November 14, 2002. Impact of reduction in the federal funds rate on the economy; Bonds of Corona-Norco Unified School District, California whose ratings has been enhanced by Standard & Poor; Change in Standard & Poor's outlook...
- Two More States Join Refunding Parade With $1.2 Billion of GOs. D'Ambrosio, Jill; DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;9/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31966, p1
This article reports that two states have recently announced plans to refund a combined $1.2 billion of outstanding general obligation (GO) debt next week, continuing a recent trend launched by last month's bond market rally. On Tuesday, Pennsylvania will join the ranks of issuers nationwide who...
- Interest Rates, Spreads, and Volatility. // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov98, p4
Talks about the condition of the bond market in the United States. Apparent effects of agitation in the financial markets; Kinds of financial options; How to find the market's implied volatility.
- Puerto Rico, Detroit Lead as 2011 Starts Wrapping Up. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;12/12/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33630, p3
The article reports on the prediction that the primary bond market's activity in December 2011 will be led by the Puerto Rico Infrastructure Financing Authority's 568.2 million U.S. dollars taxable revenue offering and 493.3 million dollars senior lien water revenue bonds in Detroit, Michigan.
- Yields Rise Amid Uncertainty Over BABs. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/10/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 45, p9
The article reports on the increase in weekly yield indexes of the periodical "The Bond Buyer" in the U.S. in December 2010 as the absence of an extension of the Build America Bond (BAB) program in a new tax bill led to two consecutive mid-week routs that brought 20-year yields to a 17- month high.
- Munis Drop Despite Treasury Gains; Tone Cautious After Price Retreat. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;10/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31495, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of October 2002. Decline in the municipal bonds; Cancellation of bond sales by issuers; Reduction in the municipal bond funds.
- Buyers Waiting for Rate Backup Put a Damper on Demand. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/18/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30809, p2A
Reports on the dilemma of retail salespeople on how to convince people to reinvest their available cash despite the predicted 25 to 50 basis-point tightening in the United States. Bargain-hunting investors' interest in tax-exempt rates; Delay in decision-making for many investors, and the...
- Panel tackles direct bid. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p1
Reports bond market developments at the Bond Buyer Florida Public Finance Conference in the United States. Role of underwriters in providing secondary market liquidity, research and advice; Use of the Internet in bond sales by investors; Impact of direct bond sales in providing taxpayer savings.