Yields Fall for 5th Consecutive Session; Governments Rise on Economic Data
- Weekly Yields Rise in Wake Of Fed Reserve Lowering Rates. Sarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/21/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32718, p30
The article reports on the developments pertaining to the weekly yield indexes in the U.S. bond market for the week ending September 21, 2007. According to the report, both the municipal and Treasury markets showed continued weakness in the wake of the Federal Reserve on September 18, 2007,...
- Munis Gain as Treasuries Rally On Deep Plunge in Stock Prices. Monsarrat, Sean // Bond Buyer;7/22/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31432, p2
Reports bond market developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase marketing activity for municipal bonds; Decline of government earnings report; Growth of the consumer price index.
- Dealers were busy in 1998, but '99 may be a bit slower. Kruger, Daniel; Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30548, p1
Discusses the United States broker-dealers' forecasts for the municipal market in 1999. More competition; Impact of rising debt due to low interest rates and strong economy; Plan of public finance bankers to try and replicate their 1998 gains; Expected decline of volume; Tight underwriting...
- Bond Buyer Yield Indexes Fall Close to Recent Lows During Shortened Week. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/20/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32302, p7
The article reports on the status of municipal bond yield indexes in the U.S. for the third week of January 2006. The prices for both municipals and treasuries increased as the Labor Department reported that the core producer price index rose by 0.1 percent. Yields declined after the Federal...
- Municipals Steady After 2-Day Fall; Governments Gain on Stock Fallout. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;9/30/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31481, p2
Reports developments on the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2002. Status of municipal bonds; Decline in equities; Increase in the price deflator and index.
- Municipals Finish line Little Changed; Players Focus on New Issue-Market. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/15/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31926, p2
Reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. Assessment of the June consumer price index; Stability of the secondary municipal market activity; Impact of retail sales decline on the bond market.
- Munis Unchanged, But With a Firmer Tone. Scarchilli, Michael; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;8/15/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32941, p2
The article reports on the lack of change of the municipal market in the U.S. According to a trader in Los Angeles, there is a firmer tone, but not a lot of business. The consumer price index increased by 0.8%. Some gains were shown by The Treasury market and the yield on the benchmark 10-year...
- Munis Unchanged as PPI Data Comes in Mixed. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;4/16/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32608, p2
The article provides updates concerning municipal bond market for 2007 in the U.S. On April 13, 2007, the municipal market was unchanged as the March producer price index data came in mixed, with the headline number exceeding expectations. According to one trader in New York, it is very...
- In Light Trading, Munis Slightly Firmer. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/17/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33167, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bonds market in the U.S. for the week ended August 14, 2009. It notes that in the midst of the secondary trading activity, the municipal market was said to be slightly firmer. Also discussed are activities of several economic data including...