Consumer Sentiment Index Declines
- THE REAL STORY ON INFLATION. Brownstein, Vivian // Fortune;3/21/1994, Vol. 129 Issue 6, p23
Focuses on issues related to inflation in the U.S. Expectation of economists on the rise in consumer price index; Launch of a preemptive interest rate rise by Federal Reserve Board Chairman Alan Greenspan; Comments made by Jason Benderly, president of the Benderly Economic Associates research...
- Missing the Point: A Reply. Alperovitz, Gar; Faux, Jeff // Challenge (05775132);Jan/Feb81, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p48
Economist Joseph Minarik seems to be looking for a loose thread which might he used to unravel the fabric of our proposal for a sectoral strategy on inflation. He inaccurately claims that the index underlies all of analysis and that Americans believe that because inflation has been especially...
- Price changes in 1981: widespread slowing of inflation. Howell, Craig; Thomas, Jesse // Monthly Labor Review;Apr82, Vol. 105 Issue 4, p3
Reports on the slowdown of inflation in both retail and primary markets in the United States in 1981, to the lowest pace since 1977. Increase in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers; Smaller increases for all major categories of consumer spending except medical care; Increase in the...
- Inflation continues to abate during the first quarter. Howell, Craig; Callahan, David; Burns, Mary // Monthly Labor Review;Jul82, Vol. 105 Issue 7, p3
Reports on the deceleration of inflation in both the retail and primary markets in the United States during the first quarter of 1982. Rise in the Consumer Price Index for All Urban Consumers; Rise in the Produce Price Index for Finished Goods at the primary market level.
- Slowdown in food prices curbs inflation in third quarter. Nakayama, Toshiko; Howell, Craig // Monthly Labor Review;Dec78, Vol. 101 Issue 12, p56
Reports on the moderation of the U.S. inflation rate in the third quarter of 1978. Consumer price index; Producer price index.
- Inflation Fears Raise Interest Rates. Pace, Norma // Paperboard Packaging;Jul99, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the implication of the reported higher than expected inflation rates in both the Producer and the Consumer Price Indexes in the United States. Role of the Federal Reserve in regulating interest rates; Impact on the producers of basic commodities, such as paper and chemicals; Issue on...
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Mar1994, p6
Focuses on the consumer price index (CPI) and inflation in the United States in 1993. January 1994 price statistics; CPI revisions; Seasonal variation in the CPI from 1989 to 1993; Median CPI revisions; Commodity prices; Household inflation expectations; CPI projections in 1994; Distribution of...
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Oct95, p6
Presents inflation indicators in the United States as of August 1995. Price statistics; Trends in the consumer price index (CPI); Distribution of economists' 1996 CPI forecasts; Household inflation expectations.
- Inflation and prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);Feb96, p6
Discusses inflation and price trends in the United States. December 1995 price statistics; Growth in retail prices and consumer price index in 1995; Implications of the proposal to legislate price stability as the primary long-term goal of the Federal Reserve Board.