May PPI Slips 0.3%; Core Rate Up 0.1%
- The Parts Are More Than the Whole: Separating Goods and Services to Predict Core Inflation. Peach, Richard; Rich, Robert; Linder, M. Henry // Current Issues in Economics & Finance;2013, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p1
The article focuses on core inflation in the U.S. It states that core inflation excludes energy and volatile food prices. The authors discuss models developed by researchers for core goods and services measures of the core consumer price index (CPI). It highlights that while studying inflation...
- Core Prices Edge Up in July. // Economic Trends (07482922);Sep2011, p2
The article reports on the condition of inflation and price in July 2011 in the U.S. It cites several charts which depict July 2011 price statistics including consumer price index (CPI), rents and price change distribution. It mentions that the increase of CPI of about 6.2 percent at an...
- The Anatomy of Price Change. Nakayama, Toshiko; Monson, Paul // Monthly Labor Review;Sep76, Vol. 99 Issue 9, p36
Reports on the acceleration of the rate of inflation in the United States in the second quarter of 1975. Rise in the Consumer Price Index; Decline in the Wholesale Price Index; Changes in food prices.
- Inflation spikes, but won't last. Thredgold, Jeff // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/29/2004, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p9
Provides information on the increase in inflation rates in the U.S., as of November 2004. Impact of the increase in the price of energy and food on inflation; Details of the Consumer Price Index and the Producer Price Index in October 2004; Reasons behind expectations on the normalization of...
- Food prices account for nearly 30% of inflation. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;10/26/2001, p2
Reports that consumers paid more in September 2001 for the goods and services in the consumer price index (CPI) basket than in September 2000 in Canada. Percentage of increase in food prices; Energy prices; Inflation; Percentage of increase in CPI.
- Producer price index up 0.2%; core rate flat. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p2
Reports on the slight increase in the United States producer price index in March 1999 due to energy and food prices.
- Does Headline Inflation Converge to Core? ZHENG LIU; WEIDNER, JUSTIN // FRBSF Economic Letter;8/1/2011, Vol. 2011 Issue 24, p1
The article focuses on the convergence of headline inflation and core inflation in the U.S. It says that headline inflation often deviates from core inflation through big fluctuations of food and energy price measured by personal consumption expenditures price index (PCEPI). It adds that the...
- Inflation and Prices. // Economic Trends (07482922);May2005, p2
The article presents information about inflation and prices of products in different sectors of the U.S. economy, as of May 1, 2005. In March 2005, retail prices jumped but longer-term inflation trends held steady. The Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose 7.8%, following a 4.5% rise in February 2005....
- Inflation Expectations Stay Steady as the CPI Edges Up. Pasaogullari, Mehmet; Bednar, William // Economic Trends (07482922);Jun2014, p3
The article reports that according to the Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation increased by 2 percent in April 2014. It states that food prices in CPI increased by 4.5 percent. According to the Survey of Consumer Sentiment (UM survey) and the Survey of Professional Forecasters (SPF) of the...