Alaska Has $17 Billion in The Pipeline
- Alaska Railroad Corp. Reviews FAs For Possible Tax-Exempt Offering. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/11/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32088, p5
Reports that the Alaska Railroad Corp. is reviewing responses to a recent request for proposals for FA services for possible tax-exempt bonds. Two development projects finances by the corporation; Definition of Alaska Railroad Transfer Act; Negotiation of Governor Frank Murkowski with oil and...
- Fish Bonds Well Spent. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;8/11/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32443, p33
The article reports on the financing of the Ruth Burnett Sport Fish Hatchery in Fairbanks, Alaska. The fish hatchery, which Governor Frank Murkowski held a groundbreaking ceremony for it on August 5, 2006, will be funded with the proceeds of $68 million revenue bonds sold by the state in April....
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p31
Presents news briefs related to the business of bonds and securities in the U.S. as of December 6, 2002. Appointment of former Senator Frank Murkowski as the governor of Alaska; Decrease in economic growth in California; Selection of Republican Linda Lingle as the governor of Hawaii; Decision...
- Alaska Governor Seeks $178M in Debt, New Taxes for '05. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p4
Focuses on the proposed fiscal budget of Alaska governor Frank Murkowski. Inclusion of bond issuance in the proposal; Amount of the budget; Purpose of the fiscal budget.
- Tax-Exempt Energy Bond Bill Unveiled. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31084, p1
Reports on the plan of Senator Frank Murkowski to introduce an energy bill that would allow state and local governments to use tax-exempt bonds to purchase prepaid natural gas contracts. Protection of the tax-exempt status of public power utilities' bonds; Benefits from the proposal.
- As Their Purse Tightens, Alaska Disagree on a Solution. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p30
Reports budget management in Alaska. General fund revenue; Proposal of Governor Frank Murkowski for general fund spending; Assessment of credit rating.
- Alaska Governor's Budget Includes Call for Extending Tobacco Securitization. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;12/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32281, p40
The article states that Alaska would refinance its outstanding tobacco securitization bonds under a proposal included in Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski's budget for fiscal 2007. The tobacco bond refinancing was the only major bond initiative in the budget proposal. The major challenge for the...
- Muni groups ask Senate panel to reject public power bill. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p4
Reports on a concerted among municipal groups to pressure the US Congress into rejecting a proposed legislation that would put in danger the tax-exempt status of bonds issued for projects that compete in a deregulated electricity market. Provisions under bill introduced by Senator Frank...
- Amerada Hess Bonds. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/4/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32083, p35
The article focuses on the introduction of a bill, to enact a proposal from Governor Frank Murkowski to securitize the proceeds from a lawsuit settlement won by the state, in the Legislature. The bill would set up an entity called the State of Alaska Capital Corp. as a vehicle to issue $350...