S&P's Online Service Allows Issuers to Access Their Cusips
- Municipal Bond Activities. // Bond Buyer;1/18/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32549, p6
A calendar of municipal bond activities in the U.S. from January to March 2007 is presented. The National Federation of Municipal analysts will hold an advanced seminar on real estate-backed bonds in January 25-26. The Council of Development Finance Agencies will hold its Advanced Bond Finance...
- Municipals Firm, Governments Lower; Jacksonville, Fla., Utilities Sell $115M. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/21/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31681, p2
Reports on the performance of financial markets of the U.S. on July 18, 2003. Revelation that municipal bonds showed little change on July 18, 2003; Lower value of government securities on that day; Percentage increase in University of Michigan consumer sentiment index; Ratings given to...
- Secondary market profits take a dive as market gets swamped by demand. // Public Private Finance;May2006, Issue 103, p8
The article reports on a new report from credit rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp. which states that secondary market yields on private finance initiative (PFI) equity investments in Great Britain are starting to tumble as investors flood the market. The report notes that the market's rapid...
- Reedy Creek District On S&P CreditWatch. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/28/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31233, p4
Reports that rating agency Standard & Poor's has placed the ad valorem tax-backed bonds and the utility revenue bonds of the Reedy Creek Improvement District in Florida on its CreditWatch list. Rationale behind the step taken by the rating agency; Impact of Reedy Creek determination on its...
- Finding Safety: As Recession Descends, High-Rated Debt Is Best. Yacoe, Don // Bond Buyer;12/13/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31284, p22
Questions the safety of Pennsylvania municipal bonds in the event of an economic recession in the U.S. Advantages of opting for insured debt; Factors that could worry bondholders; Debt ratings of the state according to the financial rating agency Standard & Poor's Corp.
- S&P puts Tulsa county criminal agency on CreditWatch; negative implications. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/08/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30306, p7
States that Standard & Poor's has placed the Tulsa County, Oklahoma Criminal Justice Authority's sales tax-backed bonds on CreditWatch with negative implications. Court ruling that jail trust agency was created under an improperly used statute; County's indication of intent to repay debt.
- S&P to Bid Adieu to Blue List. Fine, Jacob; Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;6/19/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31163, p1
Reports that Standard and Poor's plans to stop publishing the 'Blue List' municipal bonds publication on August 17, 2001. Background on the journal's coverage of the municipal bond market in the United States.
- After Six Decades, the Blue List Calls It Quits. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31206, p25
Reports on the final issue of Standard & Poor's Corp.'s Blue List. Competition in the changing market for offering municipal bonds in the secondary market in the United States; Secondary market gauge.
- S&P affirms N.Y.C. GO rating at A-Minus. // Bond Buyer;03/10/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30595, p2
Cites Standard & Poor's assignment of an A-minus rating to New York City's general obligation (GO) bonds, Series 1999H, scheduled to sell in March 1999. Affirmation of the ratings on the city's outstanding GO debt at A-minus; Improvement of the city's fiscal health.