Mayors Conference Elects New President
- New Mayors Conference prez calls for expansion. Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;6/26/2003, Vol. 94 Issue 26, p5
The United States Conference of Mayors has elected its first African-American president, Republican James Garner, mayor of Hempstead, New York, as of June 26, 2003. Garner will set the Conference's agenda, appoint committee and task-force chairs and serve as national spokesman for the nation's...
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. // American City & County;Aug2003, Vol. 118 Issue 9, p62
Presents updates on personalities associated with U.S. public works and local government as of August 2003. Position held by James Garner, Mayor of Hempstead, New York, at the United States Conference of Mayors; Ted Enloe at OptiSoft; Award received by Nicholas DeNichilo from the American...
- Garner: Proud to be a role model. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);2/28/94, Vol. 41 Issue 9, LI CEO Yearbook p14
Profiles Hempstead Village, New York Mayor James Garner. Public service career; Educational attainment; Belief in hard work; Achievements as a public servant; Associations and organizations involved with in Long Island, New York; Award received; Pride in being a role model for New Yorkers.
- Fables for our time. // Self;Apr94, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p44
Reports on the updating of fables by James Finn Garner for the present time in his forthcoming book, `Politically Correct Bedtime Stories.' Alternative household based on mutual respect and cooperation set up of Red Riding Hood, Grandma and the wolf; Metaphorical construction of the work in The...
- James Garner. // People;Summer89, Vol. 31, Television's 50th Anniv. p62
Profiles actor James Garner, 60, star of `Maverick' in the 1950s, and later of `The Rockford Files.' Career; Personal life.
- Always a maverick. Lipton, Michael A.; Tomashoff, Craig // People;5/23/94, Vol. 41 Issue 19, p57
Profiles movie actor James Garner. Movie career; Characteristic; Reason for Garner's less public appearance; Military life; Film debut; Marriage; Moderation as Garner's watchword; Toll on Garner's body.
- Obituaries. // Editor & Publisher;11/09/96, Vol. 129 Issue 45, p21
Presents an obituary for James P. Garner, former general counsel to baseball's American League and former lawyer at the `Plain Dealer.'
- Shuffling Along. J.C. // Time;10/25/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 17, p100
The article offers information on the performance of two men James Garner and Lou Gossett in a Skin Game.
- First Monday (TV program). Kelleher, Terry // People;1/21/2002, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p25
Reviews the television program 'First Monday,' starring James Garner.