West Virginia Opens Special Session; Bonds Hang in the Balance
- Diary of a congressman. Wise, Bob // Washington Monthly;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p40
Presents the experiences of Congressman Bob Wise in the United States Congress from November 8, 1994 to April 11, 1995. Election night; First day in office; Strategy meetings; Pushing for a lobbying reform bill; Party caucuses; Recreational activities; Invitations to television programs;...
- Wise Shuffle. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/6/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31756, p35
Reports on the appointments made by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to his senior staff and cabinet. Joe Martin; Keith Burdette; Erica Mani.
- W. Virginia's New Governor Has Plans to Keep Things Moving. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p32
Focuses on the challenges facing West Virginia Governor-elect Bob Wise. Lag of the state in economic growth and environmental health; Efforts of the state to diversify its economy; Dependence on mining and manufacturing.
- No New Term. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;8/14/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31699, p34
Reports on the reluctance of Virginia governor Bob Wise to contest for his seat when his term ends. Factors that led to Wise's reluctance; Plans of Wise to spend time with his family.
- Up Against the Cap. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/19/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31536, p1
Reports on the dilemma of Florida lawmakers due to proposed increase in debt ratio in 2003 due to September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Requirements to be considered by the state legislature due to expected increase; Statistics on debt outstanding in 2002 and expected debt increase in coming...
- Smoke Hike. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/7/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31508, p35
Reports on West Virginia's governor Bob Wise's plan to request the legislature to increase the state's seventeen cents per pack cigarette tax to equal the 55-cent-per-pack tax in Ohio.
- FLOOD DAMAGE PROBED IN W.VA. COALFIELDS. // Coal Age;Sep2001, Vol. 106 Issue 9, p14
Reports on the order issued by West Virginia Governor Bob Wise to conduct a probe into the July 8, 2001 flood damage in the state's southern coalfields. Overview of the damage; Responsibility of the Princess Beverly mining operation in the flood.
- West Virginia Lawmakers OK $3B Budget, Scaled Down From Governor's Plan. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/23/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31847, p32
Reports that the West Virginia has passed fiscal 2005 budget. Budget proposal of Governor Bob Wise; Omission of some of Wise's objectives; Tax hike.
- West Virginia Pension Deal May Be Put on the Table Again. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;2/7/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31569, p4
Focuses on efforts of West Virginia's governor Bob Wise and Pension Bond Review Committee to get a legislative approval for a multi-billion dollar sale of taxable general obligation bonds. Interest rates that have prompted state officials to renew their efforts in that direction; Governor who...