Tennessee Governer Giving Nod to New State Lottery
- Tenn. Needs School Aid, Adequacy Study Finds. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;11/3/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p27
The article reports that a new study finds that Tennessee needs to spend $1.2 billion annually above what it already spends, if it is to provide an adequate education for its K-12 students. The study determined that, when adjusted for inflation, most districts need significantly more money to...
- Stimulus Is Spurring Legislation. Robelen, Erik W. // Education Week;1/6/2010, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p1
This article describes some of the proposals that are coming from states trying to secure federal education grants from the Race to the Top program and its $4 billion in grant money. Governor Phil Bredesen of Tennessee has asked the state legislature to consider including requirements that...
- Tennesseean pushes plan to avoid brokered convention. Youngman, Sam // Hill;3/26/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p13
The article reports on the effort of Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen to promote a plan that would prevent a brokered Democratic convention.
- Nashville mayor rules out a third term. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;10/22/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30505, p6
Reports that Nashville, Tennessee Mayor Phil Bredesen confirmed that he will not seek a third four-year term in public office.
- Letters from the Capitol by Governor Phil Bredesen. // Tennessee Tribune;5/27/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 21, p13A
In this article, Phil Bredesen, governor of Tennessee, discusses several aspects of the floods and storms that occurred in Tennessee in 2010.
- GOVERNOR BREDESEN ADDRESSES TOURISM CONFERENCE. // Tennessee Tribune;9/30/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p1A
The article presents the statements of Governor Phil Bredesen regarding the success of the tourism industry, delivered during the Tennessee Governor's Conference on Tourism in Kingsport, Tennessee in September 2010.
- Injury from Falls a Leading Cause of Death for Tennessee Seniors. // Tennessee Tribune;9/30/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p5B
The article reports that Governor Phil Bredesen declared September 23, 2010 as the Falls Prevention Awareness Day in Tennessee.
- Little From the Capital. // Tennessee Tribune;6/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p13A
A letter is presented from Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen to his fellow Tennesseans regarding the state's abundant tourism despite the storms and flooding that affected parts of the state in May 2010.
- BREDESEN UNVEILS PARTNERSHIP WITH MICROSOFT TO OFFER TECHNOLOGY TRAINING IN TENNESSEE. // Tennessee Tribune;5/6/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 18, p12A
The article focuses on the announcement of Tennessee Governor Phil Bredesen that the state has collaborated with Microsoft Corp. for an innovative public-private partnership in providing free technology training and certification.