Massachusetts Readies Reserves, If Needed
- Romney's budget-balancing for dummies. Conason, Joe // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/12/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 33, p14
The author reflects on the views of Republican presidential contender Mitt Romney on the proposed 2013 national budget.
- Romney rejection of debt deal stands out in Republican presidential field. O'Brien, Michael // Hill;8/2/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 115, p22
The article reports on the opposition of former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney against the debt deal as proposed by U.S. President Obama and congressional leaders belonging to the Republican Party.
- Sunday shows. // Hill;7/30/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 97, p5
The article offers political news briefs as of July 2012 on topics including U.S. Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia's statement which suggests imposition of limitations on the Second Amendment of the U.S. Constitution, budget sequestration and the comment of 2012 Presidential candidate Mitt...
- Independent Report Prompts Plan To Eliminate Some MassPike Tolls. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;10/26/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32495, p39
The article reports on Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney's plan to eliminate tolls along a portion of the Western Turnpike by June 2007. Romney's plan was made following an independent financial assessment of the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority. The article suggests that Romney's plan may...
- Culture Bonding. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;8/7/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32439, p25
The article reports that lawmakers have approved a $13 million Cultural Facilities Fund and a $2.45 million increased spending for the Massachusetts Cultural Council (MCC) by overriding Governor Mitt Romney's vetoes. According to the article, the fund will offer grants, loans and planning...
- Massachusetts Senate Pushes Road Merger, But Separate Debt. Piazza, Johanna // Bond Buyer;5/11/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31881, p32
Reports on the Massachusetts Senate's released of the transportation portion of its fiscal 2005 budget recommendations. Senate's rejection of Governor Mitt Romney's suggestion to merge the state Highway Administration and the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority; Senate's proposed consolidation of...
- Mitt Romney: Obamacare was Very Attractive to Minority, Low-Income Voters in Helping Obama Win Reelection. SHAN, JANET // Moderate Voice;03/03/2013, p11
The article reports on the views of former presidential candidate Mitt Romney on the role of low income voters on President Barack Obama's victory in the U.S. Romney told "Fox News Sunday" television program host Chris Wallace that Obamacare was very attractive, particularly to the minority and...
- Next President Will Shape Defense Budget Debate. Rutherford, Emelie // Defense Daily;11/6/2012, Vol. 256 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the opinion poll regarding who will make a choice between U.S. President Barack Obama and Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney to shape the debate over the defense budget. Romney has vowed to stop the sequestration cuts, which would slice $500 billion from planned defense...
- Romney's Focus. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;12/6/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32023, p35
Reports on the focus of Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney in negotiating the state budget for 2005. Commitment to reform health care services; Budget proposed for the Department of Health and Human Services; Aim to provide basic health coverage for noninsured residents.